Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't even purchased Ashardalon or Drizzt yet. Still having fun with Ravenloft, but I'm always curious.

What's coming after Legend of Drizzt? Anything?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apparently 5th edition D&D... since this game is based on 4th edition.. well.. could this be the end?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eat2surf wrote:
apparently 5th edition D&D... since this game is based on 4th edition.. well.. could this be the end?


Good point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How different will 5th edition really be over 4th? Plus this game doesn't have to interact with any other pieces besides the other board game, there is nothing stopping wizards from making more if they sell well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wuyley wrote:
How different will 5th edition really be over 4th? Plus this game doesn't have to interact with any other pieces besides the other board game, there is nothing stopping wizards from making more if they sell well.


It's possible that 5th edition could be vastly different based on the community input that is being gathered.

But. I agree with your point. However, it could be that WoTC might want to re-brand everything.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cunkelman
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
Wuyley wrote:
How different will 5th edition really be over 4th? Plus this game doesn't have to interact with any other pieces besides the other board game, there is nothing stopping wizards from making more if they sell well.


It's possible that 5th edition could be vastly different based on the community input that is being gathered.

But. I agree with your point. However, it could be that WoTC might want to re-brand everything.


Otherwise how would they get everyone to buy the "same" product again? Some of us stopped at 3.5 and live there happily in the RPG world. I get a smattering of 4th Ed in the Board Game versions, but I don't have to replace all my books and the same for all my friends' books, etc...

I don't look at the "stand-alone" board game as 4th Ed, I look at it as a board game. So if the new versions are not compatible because they are modeled after 5th Ed, my $$ will be spend on a NEW, NEW board game that has a similar look and feel, but different rules, just ANOTHER board game, no need to be compatible.

Now, as for Dungeon Command... again another New game, so it should stand alone and it appears to, so IF its compatible in some form (cards and minis) to the adventure games, then great, but if not, does it stand alone at $27 as a game? Yes, then I buy it. If not, then I don't. It's that simple for me. Hell, I've already sold 85% of my minis for board games since the great divide (creation of 4th ed) that split my gaming groups. Now I'm wishing I had held on to the ones that match the adventure games so I didn't have to go re-buy or paint them.

At least WotC would be smart and jump on "Painted Minis" packs for the Adventure games (work's for other games as far as I can tell) and make the profit for themselves, its so "not" Hasbro/WotC to let the secondary market reap all the rewards...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3ripmav wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
Wuyley wrote:
How different will 5th edition really be over 4th? Plus this game doesn't have to interact with any other pieces besides the other board game, there is nothing stopping wizards from making more if they sell well.


It's possible that 5th edition could be vastly different based on the community input that is being gathered.

But. I agree with your point. However, it could be that WoTC might want to re-brand everything.


Otherwise how would they get everyone to buy the "same" product again? Some of us stopped at 3.5 and live there happily in the RPG world. I get a smattering of 4th Ed in the Board Game versions, but I don't have to replace all my books and the same for all my friends' books, etc...

I don't look at the "stand-alone" board game as 4th Ed, I look at it as a board game. So if the new versions are not compatible because they are modeled after 5th Ed, my $$ will be spend on a NEW, NEW board game that has a similar look and feel, but different rules, just ANOTHER board game, no need to be compatible.

Now, as for Dungeon Command... again another New game, so it should stand alone and it appears to, so IF its compatible in some form (cards and minis) to the adventure games, then great, but if not, does it stand alone at $27 as a game? Yes, then I buy it. If not, then I don't. It's that simple for me. Hell, I've already sold 85% of my minis for board games since the great divide (creation of 4th ed) that split my gaming groups. Now I'm wishing I had held on to the ones that match the adventure games so I didn't have to go re-buy or paint them.

At least WotC would be smart and jump on "Painted Minis" packs for the Adventure games (work's for other games as far as I can tell) and make the profit for themselves, its so "not" Hasbro/WotC to let the secondary market reap all the rewards...
Everything you said +100 x over. I completely agree. Btw, I stopped at 2nd edition in RPG world.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is hard to say, but we at least know that there is nothing at the moment "in work" for D&D AS: D&D adventure system - no future plans?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.