Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this is obvious, but it's always been one of those things that has created doubt in my mind, so I sent a question to FFG:

"Rule Question:
The Political Card Minister of Commerce allows the elected player to collect 1 Trade Good during the Status Phase from each player that has a Trade Agreement.

Question: When in the Status Phase is this Trade Good to be collected? Or can it be anytime?

On the one hand, when "spend Trade Goods" Public Objectives are present, the players that have not been elected would prefer to wait until after the "claim objectives" step of the Status Phase sequence. On the other hand, the elected player would probably like to be able to pick and choose his opportunity -- like waiting until after a player has used the refresh ability on his Trade Station.

A related question: Is it possible for all of the other players to give their Trade Goods to just one player, then have that one player pay just 1 Trade Good, then have that designated player return all of the Trade Goods to their original owners?"

The answer I received:

"Hello Remy,

This card may be used at any time during the status phase.

Players cannot interrupt this action in order and give away their trade goods. If players decide however to give away their trade goods at other points during the turn (in order to prevent the Minister from taking Trade goods), they may do so. However, there is no guarantee that players will give you back your trade goods afterwards.

I hope this answers your question!
-Corey Konieczka
VP of R&D
Fantasy Flight Games"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.