Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter project for the iPhone Elevation Dock.

So this is the first kickstarter project who's video I really thought worth mentioning. Amazing job just getting the point across. No wonder this kickstarter has gone through the roof!

Anyway, I wonder how compatible it will be with future devices like the iPhone 5 coming out next fall.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hop/elevation-dock-the-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No comments? Crickets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that it's a very well done video. As much as I like the convenience they are advertising, I just can't bring myself to buy an $80 dock though... especially without trying it out firsthand. For that much money it needs to do more than have low friction...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
No comments? Crickets?
Ok I meant to watch the video later, but didn't get to it. I watched it now. Looks like a nice product but I don't have a dock now and have zero desire to spend my limited surplus on one. I'm content to use my plug to the power bar for charging. (Or into my desktop at work.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have been looking for a dock for the nightstand, so I was considering it, perhaps the $59 version.

But there is just something about Aluminum. I big hunk of aluminum just strikes me as cool!

Whoops. Now you all know one of my quirks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a $30 dock/clock-alarm/speaker set for my phone - and it's difficult to line the phone up correctly to get it into the dock. I totally get the frustration point. And the machined aluminum looks great - they've obviously gone "top shelf" on the components including shielded line out on the more expensive one. I'm just not in the market for top shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.