Subject: Frequency of play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

What is your frequency of play with CCN (live & online)?

For me it's about 1 live & 2 online a week. I have the chance to have 6 friends who love this game in my town of 300.000 citizen. So sometime like this week I can play 1 live game monday with a guy and 1 tuesday with another one.

But because 1) They are new in this game 2) My Spanish expansion isn't yet "stickered" and 3) The first scenario seems to be quite "complex" with the new Spanish rules mixed with the French AND Spanich Swiss units rules ... We keep on playing the base scenarios! The Spanish will be a reward if we all deserve it!

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John DeWolfe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my first two Spanish scenarios in on Friday, and because of what you mentioned about the extra complexity in the first scenario, I decided to pick what looked like they'd be fairly simple and short battles - Maria, and the cavalry action at Ocano. I can assure you that they both went really smoothly and that you and your friends shouldn't have any trouble when you decide to "reward" yourself with a Spanish battle! (For the record, they both ended up in victory for France. Vive l'Empereur!)

To answer your question, I'm looking at probably playing a couple of times a month, but getting in at least a couple of games in each session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Once. That includes online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently about once a week face to face. No games online

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phd phdphd
msg tools
Well, when a new expansion is out, I play a lot.

I played the first 5 scenarios during the week-end. In the Somosierra game, my light cavalry of the Guard did a good job at wiping out the first two Spanish batteries

By the way, the guerilla rule is rather cool (although it does not sound very realistic in a game of this scale), as it nicely disrupts French offensives.

I expect to play rather intensively for another 5 or 6 week-ends.

Then, I will probably start complaining about not having any news on the release date of the Russian Army Expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Apergis
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Currently about once a week face to face. Every Friday we have a group that meets at the Game Parlour in Chantilly, Virginia.

We like the game because you can get repeated plays during a single session. Last night we played 'Combat at Aire' six times.:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.