Subject: Bonus and victory points in item descriptions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hector Bravado
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Got Tannhauser for my GF's 17-year-old son over the holidays, and we've been playing deathmatches over the weekend. Have really enjoyed it so far; it's like the climactic scene from some wacky sci-fi/action flick. A couple things are still confusing for us:
• Some equipment descriptions on the quick-reference sheets mention "bonus points" or "victory points" for usage. Ex: Shot of Morphine: "Whenever you use a victory point to heal a wound..." or Iron Cross 1st Class: "This character awards 2 supplementary Bonus Points to your unit...

What the heck are bonus and victory points? Are they only applicable for game modes besides deathmatch, or can we use these terms interchangably with "Command Points" for purpose of our deathmatch play?

• I also noticed that the quick-reference sheet equipment descriptions vary from the equipment descriptions found in the character bios on the rulebook. Why is this?

Thanks in advance for whatever guidance you can provide...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I answer let'd make sure your reading the Revised Rules, if you got Tannhauser new it includes both the "Classic Rules" and the Revised Rules. The Revised Rules are in the large 88 page book, the classic rules are on the loose sheets and the thin book, make sure you don't read these if your only going to play by the Revised Rules, as it will just be confusing.

Finally the Victory/Bonus Points were replaced with Command Points in the Revised Rules, see pages 24-27 of the Revised Rules for more on Command Points.

Hope that helped.

If you need more info just ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Bravado
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the response. I have the Tannhauser Revised Edition rulebook that includes the Novgorod stuff, too. The source of confusion was two accompanying slick sheets also in the box that just listed all Union and Reich weapons and their effects. We thought it was compatible with the rulebook, but weapon descriptions and effects differ wildly.

Ex: in the rulebook, the Flash Gun MK1 says: "When attacking with this weapon, if you roll at least one Natural 10 on your attack roll, roll two additional dice and add their results to the attack roll. You may only use this ability once per attack."

However, on the accompanying quick reference sheet, the description for the same weapon reads: "If you roll at least one Natural 10 on a Combat Roll, and your target does not roll at least one Natural 10 on the corresponding Shock Roll, he is killed instantly."

I take it from discrepancies like this that the equipment reference sheet is from an outdated rule set, should not have been packed with my new edition, and should be discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge, the old ref sheets are included for nostalgia unitl FFG runs out of them.

You can discard them, just stick them in a drawer, or put them under the game box insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can even have a Tannhauser Retro night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Bravado
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
That's very helpful. Thanks and happy combat to all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.