Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Tomlinson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying out Vassal/VASL for the first time. I have got the program running and got all the maps and overlays. I downloaded Pat Ireland's SK1 scenario files (thanks, Pat) and have been playing around with Retaking Vierville.

However, I cannot find any full ASL scenario setup files anywhere. Do these things exist or do you have to set up the ASL scenarios yourself? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Barcelona_(1713–14)
badge
https://spanishpolice.github.io
mbmbmbmbmb
The late vasl.org site had batches of setup files in zip files. Maybe they are still there.

Check the tab Downloads.

I used to use them until I used one with a setup error. Since then, as I have to manually check the setup anyway I prefer to do it myself, adding text labels with assorted info, VP tracks, etc. It also helps me evaluate a proper strategy for the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tomlinson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think any of those download links work any more.

Is it easy to set up the scenario yourself? I cannot find any helpm file that explains how to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is better to set the files up yourself. As VASL is updated, bugs start to develop in those old setup files.

It's not too hard. Pretty easy to navigate menus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CletePurcel wrote:
I don't think any of those download links work any more.

Is it easy to set up the scenario yourself? I cannot find any helpm file that explains how to do it.

I do them all before playing. Just have the first player setup the map and his stuff, and then mail it to the second player to setup. If nothing else, it helps ensure that both people know exactly what they have and where. Most scenarios have enough variability in how they can be setup that little is gained doing it ahead of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tomlinson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
It is better to set the files up yourself. As VASL is updated, bugs start to develop in those old setup files.

It's not too hard. Pretty easy to navigate menus.

OK I've figured it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.