Hide
11 Posts

Runebound (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Most played game of 2011. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morbaus Litchsmack
msg tools
Reflecting on games played last year, ive discovered that Runebound, along with all the expansions (minus Midnight) had the most plays. I think my collection of board games would be concidered moderately vast, at least within the fantasy genre, and im not sure why im even posting this statement, i guess im curious to see if other fellow geeks out there still share my enthusiasum with this game.

Happy Doom year!zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes! I think I really hammered this game over the summer, playing every expansion (including Midnight!) at least twice, as far as I remember. Definitely the most-played game of 2011 for me, as well. And who knows - 2012 is still young...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, still one of my faves! I don't get to play it nearly as often as I would like, and less than half as often as it deserves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. My gaming buddies are just not into it. I love it and I want to get it to the table more often. I will dedicate myself to that goal in the coming year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love sitting down with it and playing it solo. It's a relaxing time, and even though you do have to make important decisions, it isn't a brain-burner kind of game and is just so much fun.

It was probably my most-played game too, if you look at time. I've played some other games possibly more because they are so much shorter (race for the galaxy for example) but in terms of pure hours, I bet it was my winner too

I haven't played it yet this year but definitely will soon!

Go Runebound!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Yup, still one of my faves! I don't get to play it nearly as often as I would like, and less than half as often as it deserves.

Nice Bilbo reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernon Evenhuis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play most of my games solo, so this one is still high on my list. Very fun to play solo. I will admit that over this past year it's been playing second fiddle to Arkham Horror as my favorite solo game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to hear players still love this game. I just discovered it over the holidays and i think it's great. It fills a niche for me that the D&D boardgames and the Lord of the Rings LCG failed to do.

So far i've been able to pick up three of the small card expansions and Sands of Al Kalim. I'm damn happy with the whole thing and keeping my eyes peeled for Challenge Deck expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually started to use this game in my home schooling of my kids (6 and 9)... they have to write an adventurer's journal as they go.. and do all the adding and such.. ... and they still complain about school.. go figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Ivey
United States
Vadnais Heights
mbmbmbmbmb
For me and my gaming group it is either this or
Descent.

We recently started up a descent campaign so that is taking up a lot of our time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustin1280 wrote:
We recently started up a descent campaign so that is taking up a lot of our time.

That sounds awesome, but my gamer buds (and I) are not able to commit to a regular enough schedule to do a campaign like that.
I'm jealous. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.