Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, let's say we are in the first part of Phase V (Round 12), and someone plays Family Growth. They place their disc, and add 1 disc. Both discs then "return home," and the second part of Phase V begins. Can you immediately play the extra family member on Round 13?

Now, since there was no harvest on Round 12, and the new family member is being used as a full adult, does that mean that on the Harvest after Round 13, the cost is now 2 food for the new family member?

In other words, does the 1 food for newborn only count when played on the round immediately preceding a harvest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
It is only one food for new family members you receive in rounds 4, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weezknight wrote:
Okay, let's say we are in the first part of Phase V (Round 12), and someone plays Family Growth. They place their disc, and add 1 disc. Both discs then "return home," and the second part of Phase V begins. Can you immediately play the extra family member on Round 13?

Yes
weezknight wrote:

Now, since there was no harvest on Round 12, and the new family member is being used as a full adult, does that mean that on the Harvest after Round 13, the cost is now 2 food for the new family member?

Yes
weezknight wrote:

In other words, does the 1 food for newborn only count when played on the round immediately preceding a harvest?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can play the 'new-born' on the next round, whether or not there's been a harvest in between.

Yes, if you have used the new disc (person) to take an action, you have to pay the full cost of feeding him/her/it - 2 food units.

In other words, yes, you've got it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Everything you're doing is right, except in the English rules what you are calling "phases" are called "stages." "Phases" are the parts of the rounds, i.e. the "work" or "returning home" phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses everyone. I had a feeling I was doing things correctly. Sometimes I have a tendency to try and "overthink" the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.