Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read and understand the Hitler Command rules. I just can't believe they say what they say:

Quote:
Note that you must achieve your condition when the marker is flipped - it doesn’t matter if you have achieved it before - it only counts when you flip the Hitler Command marker and show the Soviet Player what Hitler commanded you to do that turn.

The "it doesn’t matter if you have achieved it before - it only counts when you flip the Hitler Command marker" clearly states the capture must occur the very turn of the Hitler Command! The first part corroborates this. If the initial part read: "Note that you must have achieved..." I would not be in a state of utter disbelief.

This rule note states that if I capture a city, say Kiev, on turn 3 and then Hitler Commands capture of Kiev in subsequent turns I lose VPs each time it happens!!! For having captured a city too soon!

The rule as written compels the German player to capture a city only when Hitler Commands, and then to somehow convince the Soviet player to recapture it so it can be captured again! A clever Soviet player will vacate such cities so that the German player loses points each time Hitler Commands capture of such already-captured cities!

Say what now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I contacted MMP over a month ago and they claimed to have sent my question along to the developer...

*crickets*

So, I'm assuming that the developer feels my question is so bone-headed that it deserves no reply.

Cool. That is, in and of itself, all the reply I needed.

Clearly, this rule is not to be applied as written.

So if Hitler Commands you capture Kiev, and you already control Kiev, there is no loss of VPs.

Again, this is in direct contradiction to the rule as written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops...sorry. I did get the question from MMP and it got stuck in my spam filter for some reason and I didn't see it until I was told about your question by Skype today.

The errata on the MMP website is what there is...

No, you don't lose VPs if you have captured an objective previously and Hitler commands you to do it again. The objective is considered accomplished.

Sorry for the long wait on the answer. I hope I didn't mess up a game or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Well, I contacted MMP over a month ago and they claimed to have sent my question along to the developer...

Who sometimes likes to step out of the kitchen when things get a bit too hot. But the spam filter excuse works just as well.

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.