Subject: system test general rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rodolfo carbone
Italy
firenze
flag msg tools
I have any doubt about the correct sequence of system tests:
i don't understand exactly when opponent can play a command card to interfere in the test...
surely when two opposed ships are opposed in system tests or combat but when a ship explores a deep space area or it has to do tests of various kind opponent can always try to play a command card( if he can obviously..) even if it isn't present in the area of the test?
in other ways...opponent can always play command card to interfere with tests of the other active player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. If your opponent has a command card that can be legally played during one of your system tests, he is allowed to play it.

I will give you an example. As the active player, I was performing a level 20 sensor test of a star, attempting to complete a science mission. My opponent had a ship in an adjacent space. He played the Ops ability of the Sensor Pulse card, which can target an enemy ship in either his space or an adjacent space. This ability gave me a -5 sensors for my test, which caused me to fail the test. A card well played for him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rodolfo carbone
Italy
firenze
flag msg tools
about your example:..and if there was not a ship in the adjacent space of the star where the active player is attempting a sensor test and the opposite player(in this case a klingon) plays worf card who gives a +5 sensor test for klingon player may the klingon player use that card even if there aren't klingon ships near the federation active ship who is attempting the sensor test?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gray
msg tools
mb
As I understand it, yes, your opponent can play an opposing card to attempt to undermine your success. I was confused by that rule at first, too, as it doesn't make a lot of sense logically, but it allows all players to stay engaged into the gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charlie silva
Brazil
Cuiaba
Mato Grosso
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Klingon have any card that can be used to fail a Federation test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.