The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions on Location/Quest and SOG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just made a combined Leadership/Spirit deck and added in some cards from expansions that I have not used before. I have a few questions about them that are probably simple but just not clicking. I want to make sure I am playing them correctly:

Ride to Ruin
Action: Discard a Rohan Ally to choose a location. Place 3 progree tokens on that location.

Obviously I can place those on the Active Location if I have one and I am pretty certain I can place them on any Location in the Staging Area. If I have NO Location cards active or in the Staging Area can I place the 3 Progress Tokens on the current Quest card?

The Riddermark's Finest
Action: Exhaust and Discard The Ridermark's finest to place 2 Progress Tokens on any Location.

Do you have to Exhaust him while questing, defending, attacking, or just Exhaust and Discard from play? Same question on the Progress Token placement as above. Can they go on current Quest card?

Steward of Gondor:
I know that only my Leadership Hero or another Hero with the Leadership trait can buy Steward of Gondor but once I buy it it can be attached to any Hero, right?

FYI, I thought I was really kicking butt in the Hunt for Gollum adventure when I had 3 Clue cards attached to my strongest Hero and was halfway through Quest 2B when back to back Hunters from Mordor came out and attacked!soblue It is NOT good having 3 Clues attached when those nasty little guys come out. Will have to re-think my strategy on this one.

Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
1 & 2: The quest card is not a location. So you cannot put progress on them via those cards.

3 Yes. Including another player's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Richard said, plus:
Omahavice wrote:
The Riddermark's Finest
Action: Exhaust and Discard The Ridermark's finest to place 2 Progress Tokens on any Location.

Do you have to Exhaust him while questing, defending, attacking, or just Exhaust and Discard from play?

You can do this at any point that you can take an action. You must exhaust the character separate from any other action (e.g. he can't attack at the same time you're discarding him to use his text).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.