EVE: The Second Genesis» Forums » General

Subject: Make a LCG out from this mechanic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this a few times and I relly love the mechanic in the game.

I hate that it is a ccg, never gonna start with those.

Why dont they do as FFG and make a good base game with small expansions that you can buy.

Love the area control mechanic and harvesting resources, and the ship building.

Almost a little 4x game in it (very light).

Love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Napoleon Baleine
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have collected every single card and sealed product from this game but ironically have not played it (yet). They have long since abandoned the game anyway, I doubt they will continue or even reboot it as an LCG. That would be cool though, I play the LotR LCG and I like the packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's not like there'll be a thousand new cards every year. The problem is more about how to track down the remaining stock...

Support for this game was really awesome but by the way it was dropped I highly doubt they'll ever do anything with it again.

IMO what would be even more awesome than a LCG would be if they did something like the "Duels of the Planeswalker" computer games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this game is pretty much an LCG as is. There are six factions spread over two sets. That's it.

It might be harder to get a hold of, but maybe find someone who bought a whole bunch on tanga/ebay back when it was dirt cheap . . . (Like I did.) I like having games, but I never play it, so I'd part with it pretty cheaply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Napoleon Baleine
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think most remaining stock is held in collections. I bought all that I could find, both from private sellers and online stores, and it's very hard to find now. I had to trade singles to finish my collection because I couldn't find anymore sealed product in stores.

Derry, what exactly do you have? I'm looking for anything special such as misprints, uncut sheets (if any exist), signed cards, holos etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 on the LCG, then I would pick up the game. other then Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh tourny's. A Game of Thrones LCG seems to be very popular. I've played EVE Online in the past, but I'm lacking time and $ to keep my accounts up-to-date. I was considering this an alternative or even the Board Game.

CCP does own the largest MMO server and they do have $$ to boot, so why not put more money into other versions? I do own the first novel which follows the Empyrean Age release. That's about it for out-of-game material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.