United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find anything about reshuffling in the rules. Do you just reshuffle the Encounter/Monster/Treasure decks when they run out? If so, isn't it wiser to let your characters get hit with the Lolth Curses and NOT remove them? There are 5 in the Encounter Deck, and that adds up to "only" 5 damage. Removing them costs 1 health, and if they get reshuffled that would make you take additional damage!

Same question about monsters, if monsters get reshuffled should you keep the Troll in your experience stack until the Monster Deck gets re-shuffled? That was you would be able to avoid it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Peter Lee has confirmed intent is that they are reshuffled. So you would be right on all counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, the FAQ talks about it? (which is reshuffle all decks)

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SanguinousRex wrote:
isn't it wiser to let your characters get hit with the Lolth Curses and NOT remove them? There are 5 in the Encounter Deck, and that adds up to "only" 5 damage. Removing them costs 1 health, and if they get reshuffled that would make you take additional damage!

Each time you draw a Lolth curse every cursed hero takes 1 damage, not just the hero who drew the curse. So if you let them pile up on every hero, the final tally on damage will far exceed 5. Unless somehow its the same hero who draws those curses every time which is highly unlikely.

About reshuffling the encounter/monster cards. I wouldn't base any strategies around exhausting those decks. For monsters it would require a 25-30 tile dungeon, and for encounter cards its something like 45 black tiles/no explore turns by the heroes. I've played ALOT of sessions with all 3 of these board games and I've yet to see the encounter deck exhausted/reshuffled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It actually came up a lot more in Ashardalon which had several encounters that would pull 5 cards from the top of the deck, monsters that call other monsters, and boss chambers that would often end up revealing something like 8-9 monster cards at once (not all of them came into play). There it did actually make sense to avoid spending Legion Devil cards etc in the longer adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.