Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think Mafia/Werewolf, but better.

The premise is simple. You are the Resistance, out to perform missions against the evil corporations/government/whatever. However, you've been infiltrated by spies, and if a spy sabotages your mission it fails.

Not only is the there the standard sly movements of one side, but there's an incredible strategic element involved as well. Gain information with how people vote, who is chosen by whom for their teams, and how well the missions turn out. Second-guess who on the team that was sent out is a spy, or a loyal Resistance member. Even more interesting, later missions require larger and larger teams, meaning if you don't figure out who's loyal there's greater chances of a spy sneaking in and ruining your plans on the 5th and final mission.

The beauty of it all is it's a party game for everyone. supporting up to 10 players, the trickiness isn't in the mechanics or explaining the rules, it's the dynamic of figuring out who is who while you play. Great for new strategy game players, and still fun for veterans. Plus it comes with a set of expansion cards that add an extra layer of strategy and intrigue to the mix. And it solves the old problem of standard Mafia/Werewolf games since no one "dies" and is stuck watching the game after round 1.

The part are durable, great artwork, and it all comes in a neat package. I carry it around easily in my hand to a party. Even better, once you memorize the rules you can play the game using a standard deck of cards if you'd really like, although it definitely loses some of its charm.

Highly recommended for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.