Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Thunderstone» Forums » General

Subject: Werewolf Promo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this on ebay, and then noticed that it doesn't seem to have a place here as an expansion...


Anyone know the scoop on this one?

I know I'm late to the game

(edit: link trouble)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
This site needs a forum where we can put the faux offended so we can ignore them.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They are part of Thunderstone: Werewolf Promo Pack.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Initially at GenCon, they were in the 3rd promo pack.

Then AEG made them available for purchase on the AEG store, and sold out within a few days.

In the Promo 3 threads, there are a few mentions from AEG support that these cards will be available in the future in a later expansion. I suppose it means all promos.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo IronRush
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
Initially at GenCon, they were in the 3rd promo pack.

Then AEG made them available for purchase on the AEG store, and sold out within a few days.

In the Promo 3 threads, there are a few mentions from AEG support that these cards will be available in the future in a later expansion. I suppose it means all promos.


OMG!
I cant believe on that!
I was waiting almost every month and not see them available there!
Pack 3 will not available on AEG site anymore? Anyone knows please?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Mattel Electronics Presents
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder if having a Promo Pack 3 listed on BGG is even entirely accurate...

The only time all the Promo Pack 3 cards were given away together was at Gencon as far as I know, and since then the werewolves have been sent to FLGS and also sold on the AEG web store separately. Has AEG ever referred to them as Promo Pack 3 themselves, or is that term just an invention of the fans (continuing what was PP1 and PP2)? Guessing more people have gotten the werewolves separately than the people who got the full "Promo Pack 3" at Gencon. And was the Gencon handout even a single package? This I don't know, anyone?

Maybe there should be an entry for the werewolves alone and a separate one(s) for the other 3 cards, either keeping the existing entry or modifying it somehow. As a precedent, there are listings for some of the older individual promos which were given away, as well as including them in the first two Promo Packs. Perhaps we'll know better if AEG ever does release something called "Promo Pack 3" on their web store.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got them from my FLGS when I bought WotE. Although all I got were the werewolves; I didn't realize there were other cards in the promo pack.

Hmph.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo IronRush
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I sent an email to AEG yesterday. I am waiting an answer about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
See also: It's available! Kinda...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IronRush wrote:
I sent an email to AEG yesterday. I am waiting an answer about it.


See the thread linked, AEG support have suggested that all promo cards will be available in an upcoming release.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo IronRush
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
IronRush wrote:
I sent an email to AEG yesterday. I am waiting an answer about it.


See the thread linked, AEG support have suggested that all promo cards will be available in an upcoming release.


Yes... but I already have all less promo #3.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same for me Leo, although I managed to get the werewolves during the few days they were available. I wish they had a way to keep them all available, the same happened to Promo 2 which isn't available anymore.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo IronRush
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
Same for me Leo, although I managed to get the werewolves during the few days they were available. I wish they had a way to keep them all available, the same happened to Promo 2 which isn't available anymore.


I am very sad about that Roy.
No answer from AEG until now. I sent an email to them several days ago.
Sad, cos I have supporting them all the time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.