Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the English version of the "Duel in the Dark" rulebook, the scoring for flak seemed pretty straight forward. Flak gets 1VP, plus one extra for each searchlight. Searchlights give this bonus to each flak.

However, according to the new Baby Blitz reference card, this extra applies to only one flak. I quote from the Baby Blitz German Quick Reference Chart" Applies to only one fighter and/or one flak". For the British, it says, "Per searchlight, applies to only one Mossie and/or AA.

I guess the new scoring system is now in effect.

Is this a mistake, or was the scoring for flak changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
it's been a while since i've played, but that seems right. +1 per spotlight, not for each flak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldbrownsfan wrote:
it's been a while since i've played, but that seems right. +1 per spotlight, not for each flak.

Is this a change to the whole game, or only when using the Baby Blitz expansion. Though, if it were only the latter, it would seem a bit strange as flak would be more power without the expansion than with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Biernat
Poland
Dabrowa Gornicza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a change for Baby Blitz games.
A single searchlight helps one flak/AA and one fighter squadron.
Quad Flak scoring changed in baby blitz too.

It's a good change in terms of playability. Searchlights were pretty powerful and universal already.

I think you should use the new rules in baby blitz games only. For vanilla, go with original searchlight/quad flak rules. Of course, it's not an official answer, you should PM Friedemann or Michael to get one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of new stuff added in Baby Blitz, so it shouldn't be surprising that a few tweaks were made to the scoring system to account for them. Use the alternate scoring only when using that expansion, not when playing the base game without it.

Early Nights changed a bunch of things with the scoring too, but those also only apply when using that particular expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
There's a lot of new stuff added in Baby Blitz, so it shouldn't be surprising that a few tweaks were made to the scoring system to account for them. Use the alternate scoring only when using that expansion, not when playing the base game without it.

Early Nights changed a bunch of things with the scoring too, but those also only apply when using that particular expansion.

Okay, so flak with searchlights are more power or less power depending of whether you are playing with or without certain expansions. In short, there are different rules for Duel in the Dark depending on what expansions you are using. No one rule fits all.

At least this is cleared up... different rules are used or changed depending on what expansions are in use, otherwise, base game rules apply.

I also have Early Nights. Yes, the scoring for certain things are different, but the overall rules are unchanged. Flak with searchlights is the same as with the base game... In fact, the scoring is identical too.

All these different rules flying about is like Window in the night sky. It can cause confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Biernat
Poland
Dabrowa Gornicza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add tactical cards, you'll see real confusion then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.