Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen McHale
United States
Falling Waters
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played with my wife (2 player with free city) last night and she built the Strategists Guild. If we scored it correctly she received 24 points from this building alone. The free city had -18 while I had -6 and a positive 2.

Did we score this correctly? Seems like alot of points for one building.

On a side note, she is an over 35 year old female who crushed me all three games last night. Maybe I should start a new thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can never have -18 as you only get -1 in each age.

E.g. in the third age, you get +5 as the winner and -1 as the loser of a conflict.

Therefore if you win the military check in all three ages, each of your neighbors has only -3 from you plus a maximum of -3 from the other players, giving you 12 points maximum.

Edit: For the 3 player game you played, the maximum is 9 (if you win all conflicts and there is a winner each time between the other two players).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Falling Waters
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
You can never have -18 as you only get -1 in each age.

E.g. in the third age, you get +5 as the winner and -1 as the loser of a conflict.

Therefore if you win the military check in all three ages, each of your neighbor has only -3 from you plus a maximum of -3 from the other players, giving you 12 points maximum.

Doh, we were doing age I is negative one, age II is negative 3, age III is negative 5.

Thank you. She still would have crushed me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way you played, you will have a big emphasis on military, having almost all games focus on or decided by military.

You will find that when playing correctly from now on, there will be a lot more variety, as ignoring military will not cause you to lose the game automatically.

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Falling Waters
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for you help Thomas.

I really enjoy this game, even when we play it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've nicknamed this one the "Sucks To Be Y'all Guild".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.