Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll admit it. I'm a notorious House-Rule / Game-Rule Hacker and I just can't leave anything alone. I've made statements in the past that I would post my various house-rules for many games, but I always find myself using my free time for.........you guessed it----writing more house-rules. Anyway, here's a few house-rules you might try for Blood Bowl Team Manager that I added. My group likes playing with them.

1.) When a player is injured, make a subsequent die roll.

On a POW! result (3 in 6 chance): Place the injured player in the owning player's discard pile.

On a BLANK result (2 in 6 chance): The injured player misses the next game. Place the injured player underneath the second SPIKE HEADLINE card in the Headline Stack.

On an "X" result (1 in 6 chance): The injured player misses the next two games. Place the injured player underneath the third SPIKE HEADLINE card in the Headline Stack.

When a new SPIKE MAGAZINE HEADLINE is revealed, any face up player cards underneath that Headline are now healed and placed in the corresponding Manger's discard pile. The reason all injured players are placed underneath the appropriate Headline Card depending on how many games they miss, is because it's easy to forget to bring them back to play if you just set them aside. If you think an injured player who misses two games is just too harsh, then feel free to make the subsequent injury roll result either no games missed (POW result) or one game missed (Blank & X). Team and Staff upgrade cards that call for a player to be injured in order to achieve some effect DO NOT make a subsequent die-roll to see if they miss any games. They are simply placed in the owning player's discard pile. I didn't think it right to further penalize a player with potential missed game(s) just because they used an upgrade card.

2.) Whenever there is a tie in Fan Points when the game is completed, the person who won the most Tournaments is the winner. If there is still a tie because the "winners" each won a Tournament apiece, THEN refer to the rules for the most developed team's manager as the winner. My group likes this rule because it gives just a wee-bit more 'kick' to the importance of a Tournament-Game and can certainly come into play in those really close games where a tie can happen.

3.) The maximum number of Staff Upgrade cards that any team may retain in play is 5 cards. If they win more Staff Upgrades they must discard enough to keep their maximum at 5 cards. Seems like early on we discovered the power of Staff Upgrades and felt it was unbalanced for our taste. Every game became a race for Staff Uprgrades....*sigh*

4.) Before the beginning of the 5th Week (Last Turn), everyone places one of their team tokens in a cup for a random draw. The token belonging to that team will go first for the last game turn. Since everyone will go first at least once in a game, we like the randomness of not knowing who will go first in the last turn of the game.

5.) Let the holder of the Golden Coin decide ties in non-tournament games. It seems to be a nice trade-off since most people don't like going first because the last player gets to play reactionary to every one else's play (Yes, I know the first player also gets his pick of the end-zone spoils when the Highlights are flipped). We haven't had too many ties in Highlight games and when we do, the holder of the Golden Coin almost always chooses the person losing to win a tie game anyway. This house-rule has a sort of Euro-game feel to it because someone in last can usually catch up by being awarded the win in a tie game. That is, unless the holder of the Golden Coin is also the player who tied with him. I'm still not sure about this house-rule and more play-testing is required.

6.) If there is a tie in a Tournament game, the winner is the player who has won the most highlight games. Simply keep track of the highlight games you've won by collecting them after each win and making a little stack near your playing-area. You will only need to refer to this 'stack of won highlight games' if there is a tie in a Tournament game. If there is still a tie, the person with the most Fan Points wins the Tournament (let the fans decide--Now that's Bloodbowl!). If there's still a tie after that then the First Manager gets to decide. We like this rule because it puts importance on winning regular season games (Highlight games) and has a nice feel to it.

Edit: For clarity, I added a word, and removed the word 'Bowl Game'
2nd Edit: I changed the list to add a 6th House-Rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Five House Rules My Group Enjoys Using
What do you mean by "bowl games?" The Tournaments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaissance Man wrote:
What do you mean by "bowl games?" The Tournaments?
Oops, yes I do mean the tournaments (Dungeonbowl, Bloodbowl, Chaos Cup, Spike Magazine Trophy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#4 is my favorite. Going first in the last round sucks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the leader in fan points should go first in the last round or even have the whole turn order sorted by fan points. This would provide a catch up mechanism for the player who is ostensibly in last place.

Of course players who have a lot of hidden end points will be able to use this to their advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johann Wolovich
Australia
flag msg tools
It's hard to tell who's "in the lead" by points to make that player go first in the last round because something like the humans get mad points for all their star players I think? theres a lot of end game accounting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.