Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
where does it tell me (in the rules) how must GP it costs to move up one (1) step? is it simply the cost of the unit? thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WK Rules wrote:
2.14 Block Cost
The cost of blocks is noted per step (strength point). Two steps cost double, and so on.

6.2 BUILDING COSTS Each block has a cost per step. This
is the amount of GP needed to raise the block one step.

Blocks are built only in friendly cities using the GPs available in that city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
WK Rules wrote:
2.14 Block Cost
The cost of blocks is noted per step (strength point). Two steps cost double, and so on.

ok...but...is the "cost per step" the same as "the cost"? and if not, where do i find the cost per step(s) listed? thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
kentreuber wrote:
WK Rules wrote:
2.14 Block Cost

ok...but...is the "cost per step" the same as "the cost"? and if not, where do i find the cost per step(s) listed? thanks!

Yes, it's the same thing. It's shown on the block in the gold circle:

This Shakla, for example, costs 2 GP per step to build. At strength 1 CV it's 2 GP, 4 GP for strength 4, etc. up to 8 GP for full 4 CV strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks...and if you don't mind (just got the game, plus 7 expansions to add 21 more blocks to each faction)...stickers are now on, but i can't really figure out:

(a) what advantage are the heros? (how do they help you; why would you select them when starting the game?)

(b) also confusing about the gold/silver blocks that come with the expansions? do they produce GP each turn (when "build" comes and based on their step)? do they move around the board and fight? (that seems a little strange)

(c) castles i guess would be a good base; maybe a good place to stack your silver block as well?

(d) artifacts "attach" to another block, so do they fight with that block (based on block's A-B-C ranking), or do they attack alone? and do they absord hits "for the attached block", or simply on their own?

it seems like alot, but the rules may be simple, but are also a little vague...and if i'm going to get my wife to enjoy this game 1 must go fairly smoothly (without a whole lot of "rule checking")!!! (smile)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silver and Gold can be moved on the map, out to your troops in the field, allowing you to rebuild units even on the front lines, not just in resource cities. They can fight, but don't do it very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Silver and Gold can be moved on the map, out to your troops in the field, allowing you to rebuild units even on the front lines, not just in resource cities. They can fight, but don't do it very well.
thanks brad...any thoughts on these other three?

a) what advantage are the heros? (how do they help you; why would you select them when starting the game?)

(c) castles i guess would be a good base; maybe a good place to stack your silver block as well?

(d) artifacts "attach" to another block, so do they fight with that block (based on block's A-B-C ranking), or do they attack alone? and do they absord hits "for the attached block", or simply on their own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
Windopaene wrote:
thanks brad...any thoughts on these other three?

a) what advantage are the heros? (how do they help you; why would you select them when starting the game?)

The heroes have some movement and stacking advantages and being 1CV units are very survivable.

Castles are, indeed, good for making key points (usually cities) pretty costly to take.

I don't have the rules in front odf me to remind me of the artifacts. If no one else answers your question by tomorrow I'll go look it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.