Subject: Suggestion - New Board Game Category: Promo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
In recent years, board game promos have become much more available than ever before, especially with the help of the BGG Store. This is great - I absolutely love getting these promos. There is, however, no "Promo" category when tracking collections here on BGG and I'd like to suggest that one be added.

Currently, when promos are added to a collection, they are added as expansions, which they certainly are. However, there a big difference between Rattus: Jester and Rattus: Africanus, or Dominion: Intrigue and the Stash promo, or even Agricola: Farmers of the Moor and Agricola: Through the Seasons. I'd love to be able to have a way to differentiate between full expansions and simple promos in my collection.

I checked today and found I own 22 such promos and I just ordered 3 more. I want to keep track of these on BGG but, since they fit easily into the original game box, I'd also like it if they did not count toward the total games in my collection. I know some people do want them to count, so giving a user the option of categorizing an expansion as a promo that does not add to the total game count would be ideal.

Just my thoughts. Perhaps it's been suggested before but has just gone nowhere. Thought I'd throw it out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Suggestion: New Board Game Category: Promo
I also toyed with the idea of suggesting a separate category - a single card can hardly called an expansion. meeple

Here's one vote for your motion: thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Suggestion: New Board Game Category: Promo
Hinted here to be dealt with in the site redesign: Consolidating entries for expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.