Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Denning
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the game after reading the blurb on it from my local game store. I played a bunch of Pandemic on New Years and was reminded the ease of Z-Man game explanations so I looked at some other offerings. I also was influenced by the great review on here comparing it to other games[url](http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/730449/dark-minions-comp...)[/url].

The Very Basics
Basically its more worker placement via Alien Frontiers than a dice game like King of Tokyo. You roll 3 dice and use the results on one die or a combination of dice to:
1. Attack a town
2. Attack a tower, but not in same town you are attacking
3. Recover lost minions from the grave yard (discarded after attacking towns and towers)

The attack on the town allow placement of minions equal to the total number on the die you place there. The number of minions you recover from graveyard equal the number on the dice you place there. Towers are destroyed when placing a die that rolled a 4 (white tower + 4 minions), 5 (grey +5m) or 6 (black +6m). Once you earn all 3 different colors of towers you can level up. Towns are destroyed when the total number of minion from all players exceeds the town maximum. Victory points are awarded for completion of these various tasks-- first to reach 40-50 VPs wins the game.

Why I Like It
To me it feels light, easy to explain, but offers some interesting choices especially when you thrown in the expansion that comes with the game. At the same time the choices aren't as bewildering as Alien Frontiers might be because there are basically 3 choices. Its a game I will introduce to people who normally don't play games or as a lighter take on a sort of Chaos In The Old World theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a light game with a few decisions to be made. Somewhat fun, but the winner is the luckiest player, as there are no mechanisms to help people who roll low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
It is a light game with a few decisions to be made. Somewhat fun, but the winner is the luckiest player, as there are no mechanisms to help people who roll low.

The winner is the player who rolls the best? In a dice game? Oh no, it seems my monocle has flown right off of my face!

It's a dice game. Know what you're getting into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.