Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See designer Antoine Bauza in today's Boitecast:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boitecast#utm_campaign=t.co&ut...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah,streaming is horrible but sound is good.
Antoine basically explains all the cards from the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Milke
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunatly I don't speak French - could someone translate the black cards from ages 2 and 3 Antoine explaines? Would be very kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor VVV
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card "Planque" is worse than Theater, Altar and Pawn Shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Lademann
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I offer 2 GeekGold for the one who can give a card summery in English or German! My French is just too crappy to understand Antoine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
9 black cards by age, we put the number black card equal to the number of players in each age deck.

Finally each player has 8 cards in hand and we will play seven (instead of 6)

Age I

- City gate (1 gold, 1 wood): 4 VP
- Militia (3 gold) 2 shields
- West clandestine dock (1 gold): Any resource that left neighbor to pay 1 gold less once by turn (combined with the counter west)
- East clandestine dock (1 gold): Same but with right neighbor
- "Planque" (free): 2 VP and -2 gold for other players
- Secret dock (2 gold): Double the production of one ressource
- Dovecote (1 gold, 1 ore): Copy a scientific symbol to your neighbor on the right or left
- Residence (1 clay) 1 VP and one diplomacy token to age 1 (no battle for the player)
- Dive (free): 6 gold for the person who plays it, and 1 gold for each of its neighbors

Age 2

- Tabularum : Same as city gate but reported 6 VP
- Mercenaries (5 gold): 3 shields
- Black Market (1 clay, 1 tissu): once per turn, all the resources that we do not produce it yourself. If it produces only wood, the card can produce anything but wood)
- Architect Firm (1 papyrus): Copy the chaining his neighbor and win 6 gold
- Lair (1 wood, 1 glass): 3 VP and -3 gold for other players
- Sepulcher (1 stone, 1 glass) 3 VP and -1 gold to the other players for each military victory
- Consulate (1 clay, 1 papyrus): 2 VP and one diplomacy token
- "Brothel" (1 tissue): 2 gold for red, green and blue card owned at the time it is played.
-Spy cabinet (2 gold,1 stone, 1 clay) : Copy a scientific symbol to your neighbor on the right or left

Age 3

- Capitol (2 gold,2 clay,2 stone, 1 glass, 1 papyrus) : 8 VP
- Contingent (7 gold): 4 shields
- Slave market (2 ore, 2 wood) : earn gold for military victory when it is played
- Illegal network (1 stone, 1 papyrus) : earn 1 gold1 1 VP for each black cards played
- Brotherhood (2 wood, 1 ore, 1 clay, 1 tissue): As Lair hideout but 4 VP and lost 4 gold to other players.
- Cenotaph (2 stone, 1 ore, 1 clay, 1 tissue): 5 VP and -1 gold to the other players for each military victory
- Building chamber (1 clay, 1 wood, 1 glass, 1 papyrus) : 4 VP,Other players must pay 1 gold by wonder step built
- Embassy (1 stones, 1 glass, 1 papyrus): 3 VP and one diplomacy token
- Mission chamber (3 gold, 2 ore, 1 galss) : Copy a scientific symbol to your neighbor on the right or left

Namely, for cards that are losing money, players can choose to pay all or part of the sum demanded, but for every piece they can not or will not pay they must take a token debt. At the end of the game, two tokens debt = -1 VP

2 new wonders

- Petra: based on money
- Byzantium: based on diplomacy

4 new guild (or 5)

- Usurer Guild (2 wood, 1 tissue, 1 papyrus) +1 VP for each 2 debt token in your east and west neighbor
- Counterfeiter guild : 5 VP and -4 gold each other player
- Crime guild (2 stone, 1 clay, 1 papyrus): a VP for each black cards in neighboring
- ?? (2 clay, 1 ore, 1 glass, 1 tissue): 1 VP for each token military victory in neighboring

4 or 5 new leaders
-?? (3 gold): one black card free of charge once per age
-?? (4 gold): + 1 VP for each black card
-?? (2 gold): Each next black card + 2 gold
-?? (2 gold): 1 diplomacy token
-?? (1 gold): When you win or lose gold (except gold from the sale of resources) you lose or you win one gold of less or more than once per turn.

UPDATED 01/31
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Lademann
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much Sdric!

Looks very promising. I just hope Petra won't be too similar to Ephesos.

Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sol Kanar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[quote]Looks very promising. I just hope Petra won't be too similar to Ephesos[/quote]

Petra play on giving a lost of gold for other players IMO

I see the A-side like that :

1 : 3 VP
2 : 1 token debt for other player, you gain X gold (X = number of others players)
3 : 7 VP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Milke
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is pretty much the Catan promo wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VictorVVV wrote:

If other players always have a choice to take 2 debt tokens (= -1 VP) instead of losing 2 Gold, as described by Antoine, indeed, it is strictly worse (2 VP swing, no chaining, and a way for opponents to avoid the VP loss, as opposed to a 3 VP swing or 2 VP + chaining). IMHO, it would be more interesting if the gold loss was mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
New video :
http://www.trictrac.tv/video-cities-mais-qu-est-ce-donc-que-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
VictorVVV wrote:

If other players always have a choice to take 2 debt tokens (= -1 VP) instead of losing 2 Gold, as described by Antoine, indeed, it is strictly worse (2 VP swing, no chaining, and a way for opponents to avoid the VP loss, as opposed to a 3 VP swing or 2 VP + chaining). IMHO, it would be more interesting if the gold loss was mandatory.

Fron the Tric Trac video, it seems that players won't be able to take debt unless they actually run out of gold. I stand reassured! The Planque (Hideout) card might be an interesting tactical play in the right situation.

I'm expecting this expansion quite impatiently !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.