Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I heard you might be able to fit the base game in an expansion box. I have The River and The Count. Any thoughts on how to do this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Tjäder
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Expansion into base game box? No! Base game into expansion box!

You could also have looked a bit for it, it's currently in the second page in the thread list in the default ordering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base games plus three normal expansions plus the river all in one expansion box. Without the scoring board; I always play with pen and paper. The scoring board, even with the 50pts and 100pts tokens, do not suffice anyway.

Just puzzle a bit! It starts with taking out the box insert. then put the tiles in two rows on one side, the meeples and other stuff like bridges (I have them in baggies) on the other side. The rules on top.

I think you can find it out yourself! Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I don't quite get it. Do I need to disassemble the boxes of the expansions I have and form them into a bigger box somehow? No matter how much I try and squeeze I still have a lot left over to try and get into the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luce wrote:
I don't quite get it. Do I need to disassemble the boxes of the expansions I have and form them into a bigger box somehow? No matter how much I try and squeeze I still have a lot left over to try and get into the box.

No, you just take out the box insert and put the tiles [i]neatly[i] in two rows along the short side of the box.

Sorry, I can't make pictures as I don't own a camera and my Carc is back home in the Netherlands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hmm, my expansion boxes don't seem to have an insert. I wonder if I have a different printing that makes it tough to fit everything in the small box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
It is all explained in the (my) thread suggested above, but here is a picture:

The board has been cut in half, as explained in that thread, and the tiles are inside a home-made tower, but don't need to. The folded score board is at the bottom of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
It is all explained in the (my) thread suggested above, but here is a picture:

The board has been cut in half, as explained in that thread, and the tiles are inside a home-made tower, but don't need to. The folded score board is at the bottom of the box.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hmm, that's a different expansion than what I have. Here's what my expansion box looks like:

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Luce wrote:
Hmm, my expansion boxes don't seem to have an insert. I wonder if I have a different printing that makes it tough to fit everything in the small box.

This might explain the problem:
Luce wrote:
I have The River and The Count.

You don't have any expansions. You have mini-expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First thread in quite some time that made me laugh out loud. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luce wrote:
Hmm, that's a different expansion than what I have. Here's what my expansion box looks like:

Any ideas?

LOL - totally missed that you're talking mini-expansion here!

Didn't they say in the rules how you can transform that little box into one with sufficient space for your whole game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be possible with some help from Banach & Tarski. Just keep duplicating the boxes until you have sufficient room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.