Subject: Please help - el grande, hansa teutonica, or egizia? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K Kaosh
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
Hi, el grande, hansa, or egizia, which game do you think would have the most fun social interaction between players? Would probably be playing with 4 players in egizia and 5 with the other two. Thanks for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
claypool
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
el grande for the win. so much player interaction that it made me throw a chair once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
El Grande.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly dislike El Grande for a variety of reasons, but if you're looking for "fun social interaction", and if messing with other players is fun for you, then it probably fits the bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 El Grande- Reasons- Fairly simple rules, high player interaction, enough depth to keep people thinking (more tactics) as in you act based on which card turns up, the Decennial edition come with all expansions included, you can interfere with other player's plan and hence a clear winner for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
Those games are all very different. But for the fun factor, I'd actually vote for Egizia. It's lighter weight than the others, which may be a good or bad thing depending on what you're looking for. I'd say it's about the same weight as Stone Age.

El Grande is a good game, but it's heavier and, in play, can feel a bit flat for my tastes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
El Grande is probably the easiest to learn and teach. Egizia is probably the most difficult. I own all 3 games and El Grande gets the most play time. Not because it is a significantly better game than the others (I enjoy and recommend all 3), but it's the easiest to hit the ground running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Egizia. A lot of little nuances and subtitles that don't come out until at least a half dozen or dozen plays. I always feel like I'm understanding a new depth with that game when I play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Kaosh
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
Thank you for your help. Both el grande and egizia sound good. I have other games I want. I'll have to post another thread to see what you guys think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love El Grande, however another great interaction game you should include in this consideration is Cyclades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All three are good games. But I´d pick them in the same order as you did in your question.
So + 1 for El Grande

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just agreeing with the majority and saying El Grande. Great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Egizia doesn't seem to have as much player interaction as the others. However, I'd personally say it's the most fun game out of those choices.

El Grande is a game that I like...when played with the expansions. If you're looking for fun player interaction then this is probably your game.

Honestly, I really despise Hansa Teutonica. Just my personal preference. It has a lot of player interaction, and it has qualities that I should like (developing attributes that help you in the game), but it's a little too mean for my liking. All it is to me is X number of players fighting to get an advantage. Then when you get said advantage, you fight to keep the other player(s) down. Not my kind of game.

Though I will say I haven't tried Hansa Teutonica with more than three players - and only played with 3 once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.