Subject: Cutting sleeves. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitriy
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all Just got my sleeves for power grid. The problem is that card size is 70*70 mm, and i couldn't get matching sleeves, so i ordered 70*110 (mayday magnum). What's the best way to cut out spare 40mm ? I tried scissors, but sleeve starts creasing. Knife isn't good enough too, because it tears the sleeve instead of cutting, so the top edge of it gets "burr" (not sure it's the right word, but i hope you get it right ). What could you recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Falconer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have trouble cutting sleeves before, shouldn't be a big problem with 'sharp' scissors, certainly not with a fresh blade and a strait edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Nordstrom
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
He did not pluck nor did he strum the guitar. Nevertheless, it was a breathtaking performance.
badge
failure face...
mbmbmbmb
I recently had an issue with fitting some sleeved cards into a game box, and so I also needed to trim some sleeves. I tried scissors as you did (no luck) and ruined a couple sleeves in the process.

Eventually, I found a solution:
I used an inexpensive ($15-$20) paper trimmer and the result was a straight cut with no bending or creasing on the edges of the sleeves.

Here's an example of what the paper trimmer I used looks like:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=paper+trimmer&hl=en...#

Hope this helps!

( btw, I have really wanted to sleeve the power plants in my copy of power grid for a while now, but I never realized that mayday made sleeves wide enough!! I may just have to go buy them now.... thanks a lot for making me poorer.... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, i guess i solved this problem - paper knife cuts sleeves perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.