Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were to choose one among the 2 to get as my next game, which one should I choose and why?

Just to tell you about myself, I own quite a few Euros and enjoy games like Puerto Rico, Agricola, Caylus, Brass, Imperial, Notre Dame, Steam, Automobile, Troyes, Macao, Power Grid, Carson City and the likes. So my range of playing is medium to Heavy though still not yet into 18xx (own and trying out Poseidon now, which I know is a very very basic version of the 18xx series)

I know I might be comparing Apples and Oranges, but some guidance would help.

Thanks,
Madhu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Links are nice: Belfort or Wealth of Nations (for new BGG users, these can be added using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown above the edit box).

I haven't played either, so can't answer your questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*Belfort* - very thematic feeling.
Wealth of Nations is very long and abstract. If you do get it, make sure you read the new rules for the endgame, and get the expansion, it helps it with not being so dry, giving more choices. I liked it, but it can get old with having to get everything you need with all the trades needed and haggling. If you like negotiation, then go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makis
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played Wealth of Nations. However I had the privilege of playing Belfort at BGG.con and loved it. Found a copy of it at my game store a week later and snatched it up immediately.

It played like Agricola with a much different, and interesting in my opinion, theme. Truth be told I've always thought the theme of Agricola to be a little lacking. As far as I can tell you are farmers trying to survive. In Belfort you are essentially a contractor in a city with too many contractors and you're trying to buy up resources and build faster and more than others. It also has an economic feature that kept anyone from getting too far ahead which I appreciate in my games. In other words, I liked its balance.

I recommend Belfort even if you ultimately decide on Wealth of Nations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.