Subject: Where can I get card holders? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what's the lasting legacy of BattleLore, my game that gathers dust on the shelf while I hold on to it since I'd never be able to get another copy again for a reasonable price?

The card holders. I use them in so many games. They're the perfect size and length.

My question is: anybody know where I can buy more card-holders similar to the ones in BattleLore? Whenever I search online, I find these ugly-looking wooden arches that would obscure card text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
Sk'Doosh!
badge
The source of a Christian ethic is not the reality of one’s own self, not the reality of the world, nor is it the reality of norms and values. It is the reality of God that is revealed in Jesus Christ.- Bonhoeffer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe only Days of Wonder has ever produced these (since FFG has never actually printed the game). But DoW also included them in Memoir '44. You could always buy M'44 for the 6 holders, and - if you didn't like the game, sell or trade the rest.

Edit: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto, especially because my used copy didn't come with any. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen these domino holders in stores. You might see if these work for holding cards. Scrabble racks might work too.

Another option is to make yourself card holders like in C&C Ancients, which is just a rectangular block of wood with a thin slit on one side. You might contact GMT--I bet they would sell you some separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
www.card-boards.com

We have quite a few of these wooden boards. They hold four rows of cards, definitely bigger than what comes with M44 or Battlelore, and sturdier, too. My wife & I really like them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmo Carlton

Colorado
msg tools
I make these card holders. I do custom orders as well.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/90515079/ticket-to-ride-card-hol...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k b
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
If you have 10 Days in Africa, or one of the other 10 Days titles, I bet those card holders would work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
Sk'Doosh!
badge
The source of a Christian ethic is not the reality of one’s own self, not the reality of the world, nor is it the reality of norms and values. It is the reality of God that is revealed in Jesus Christ.- Bonhoeffer
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
...anybody know where I can buy more card-holders similar to the ones in BattleLore?

If you're still looking for some of these, I've come into some extras. GM me if you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bakai Gergely
Hungary
Szentendre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have the same problem. Got a used copy but without card holders. Any idea where can i get those? (Buying Memoir 44 is a bit expensive solution for me...)
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.