Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
I don't understand why there are 5 artillery icons on the scenario sheet. The rules say that each attempt to use artillery costs 3 Operations points, and the Germans only have a range of 3-5. So how could the Germans ever make more than 1 artillery attempt per turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asfhgwt wrote:
I don't understand why there are 5 artillery icons on the scenario sheet. The rules say that each attempt to use artillery costs 3 Operations points, and the Germans only have a range of 3-5. So how could the Germans ever make more than 1 artillery attempt per turn?

Operations range is how many units you can activate before the enemy get to activate some of his, not how many you can activate in a turn total.

So when the germans have activatet artillery, and let initiative pass to the americans and the americans let initiative pass back, germans can activate another artillery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Oh, I get it, the turn doesn't end until all units are marked USED. So that means the Germans could attempt to use all 5 artillery attacks, plus attempt an action with every other unit before their turn ends, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.