BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: All my board game boxes are breaking! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liz KicksYoButt
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
I'm part of a gaming group that plays every 2 weeks and we kind of just play it by ear what is played on a particular night. So because of this I always end up bringing every game I have. It always seems that if I don't bring a particular game that's the night we want to play Power Grid or Ticket to Ride. As a consequence all my game boxes are falling apart on the edges. (not to mention my 5 year old walking on the boxes)

So I'm thinking of ditching the game boxes entirely and using another method of toting these games around while keeping the boards and contents in an easily usable and playable condition.

I'm even considering having one bin for all the boards and having another vessel for all the bits and cards, clearly labeled of course.

So far the best option I've found is
http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/LEGO-Portable-Storage-Case-with-B...
which holds Ticket to Ride, Small World and Agricola fairly well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bead boxes - found in craft stores like Micheal's - are also great for storing bits. We use a few of them.

This has become one of our favorite style boxes. The mini-boxes, if not needed for one game, can easily be used in another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at these:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/html/onlineshop/ru...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz KicksYoButt
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Those look really great! Especially since the dividers come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz KicksYoButt
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's a sale at Micheal's this week for Iris scrap booking storage cases. They're 12" x 12" and they fit the game boards really well. I'm having second thoughts on storing bits in different containers from their boards. But storing the bits in with the game boards means that they rattle around. I think that little sewing cases for the bits in with the boards will work in these cases. I'll take a picture of it and post when I get it sorted out.

The one game that I'm having trouble with is Power Grid. The game board is 13" long and there's a lot of bits. I think I might end up using a plastic file folder for that one and storing the bits in a smaller segmented case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a selection of these http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-Really-Useful-Box-11...

And then have a seperate one without the inner tray for storing the borads and rules. they stack nicely and can hold loads of games very neatly.

Good for moving around, very robust, meets all the criteria I have for looking after my games.

Not sure if they're available over there, but they're worth looking out for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

Sorry, somehow missed this in my rush to suggest.... the exact same thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.