13 Posts

Utopia Engine» Forums » General

Subject: Points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Csaba Bota
Hungary
flag msg tools
I made 85 points for the first try, but I dunno if it's good bad or average. Could someone tell me?
How much do u have to reach, not to be ashamed of urself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how well you do the second time. I think I got 78 or something on my first play, but I did better on my second attempt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eighty-five points is pretty good for your first game. You'll score a lot more once you manage to activate the Utopia Engine. Keep trying, and good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Csaba Bota
Hungary
flag msg tools
Cool. I'll keep on trying then. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed 110 the first time through, but only 63 the second. Now I'm hooked and want to play more. This is killing my eraser though, so it's time to laminate the Adventure Sheets and use a marking pen that can be rubbed off...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the first time I played I got really close but died on the final activation, ending with like 110 points. I just finished a second round, and managed to win with a grand total of 235! (I got insanely lucky, with 4 constructs found on 0's, and had the Ancient Record, so linking was ridiculously easy).

I was thinking about laminating too, but as a temporary measure until then I just picked up some clear page protectors instead. They work just as well, and they're reusable for different games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I finally laminated my playing sheets and am using dry erase markers. It works pretty well. I played twice tonight. The first game (3rd game overall for me) wasn't very good and I only ended up with 60 points. However, my second game was fantastic since...

I WON!

This was my 4th game overall. I got two natural zeroes when searching as well as an additional two modified zeroes (either via Good Fortune or Construct bonus). I rested 3 days at the end to gain back 3 hit points. I then spent all remaining hit points (5) to reduce my Final Activation number from 12 to 7. Finally, I took a dead breath and rolled the dice:

2 + 6 = 8!!! (needed 7 or higher)

Total points = 240.

This was a very exciting game. Now the trick will be trying to duplicate the win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! The relief and joy you felt when you rolled that eight must have been awesome. Those who have never played the game have no idea how much tension there is on that final roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Canyon wrote:
Congratulations! The relief and joy you felt when you rolled that eight must have been awesome. Those who have never played the game have no idea how much tension there is on that final roll.

True that! No matter how well one does during the game, it all comes down to that LAST roll!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SO close...

I just played again. I must be on a *roll* since I actually made it to the end again, with plenty of hit points (6) and remaining days (9) to spare! So, the Final Activation was 14, so I rested 1 day to gain back 1 hit point and then spent all 6 to bring the Final Activation down to 8. Then came the deep breath and the final roll of the dice... I dramatically threw them across the floor so they would hit the wall baseboard like a craps roll...

3 + 2 = 5
DOH! *sigh*

Final Score = 195
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SO close... AGAIN...

I actually must be getting better at this game. This time (2/23/2012 around 2:45 pm EST) I breezed through getting The Constructs with unmodified zeroes (2) or modified zeroes (3) on all but one. This also helped me push back Doomsday all the way. I am starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong? Just when I starting thinking that, I began connecting the components and my great dice rolling seemed to have escaped me. The Waste Basket filled up quickly and I ended up with a Final Activation value of 18! I rested 3 days to gain back my 3 missing Hit Points and then spent all of them to bring my new Final Activation down to 12. That means that I must roll double sixes! Rather than doing the dramatic craps dice throw this time, I'll let the BGG dice roll function do it for me...

3 + 1 = 4

Another loss! Darn! I didn't think double sixes would happen, but I also didn't think I'd be this far off. I rolled the physical dice to see if that would net a better result, but it came up 3 + 5 = 8. I still loose... cry

Final Score = 240
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 110166. shigadeyo
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (3) + (1) =
  • Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:12 am
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great game which i only discovered yesterday. When i got home i couldn't help but give the game an immediate try and ended up playing three times although it was really late...

First game: Doomsday arrived with only 3 constructs found and activated. Score: 56 points

Second game:
Doomsday arrived quickly after i got knocked unconscious by a level 4 creature with only four constructs found and activated. Score: 74 points

Third game: everything went well. I found all 6 constructs really quickly but failed to find a single component. I could not connect any of the constructs at all although i had a lot of days left until doomsday. But then i was knocked down again and woke up in my workshop 4 days later... Score: 125 points

This game rocks ! I will give it another go tonight, when i get home. Notable: i have yet to find a treasure by beating a level 5 creature... i only encountered a level 4 until now but that alone was too much to handle...

Really great game !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
1st game tonight, scored 251 with what felt like a flawless game.

I suspect I got something wrong! I got 5 out of 6 constructs activated on acquisition with zero-point scores. 2 of them without mods. Lucky, I think, and then some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.