Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The General's power is Mandatory but the text says "he may draw" cards. How does that work? Seems like the power is Optional.

2) What does the "afterwards" mean? After the encounter? Only after the General draws cards? What if the General draws no cards, can the allies still draw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
DrBrewhaha wrote:
1) The General's power is Mandatory but the text says "he may draw" cards. How does that work? Seems like the power is Optional.

The General must use its power. This means the General must have the option of drawing cards and the General's allies must have the option of drawing cards. If the General's power were Optional, the General could deny its allies the chance to draw cards.

DrBrewhaha wrote:
2) What does the "afterwards" mean? After the encounter? Only after the General draws cards? What if the General draws no cards, can the allies still draw?

To me, the most straightforward reading is that the allies each get a chance to draw after the General decides whether or not to draw. I see no reason to infer a delay of several phases between the General and its allies drawing, nor do I see any reason to infer that the allies' chance to draw vanishes if the General chooses not to draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schneider
Germany
Regensburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed mandatory to use. The General may decide to draw cards. After that (wether he drew cards or not) the allies may draw cards.^^

EDIT: Ninja'd^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. That works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.