3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: NEED HELP ON THIS ONE !!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nikko korako
Canada
flag msg tools
I purchased a handmade board game 20 years ago by the designer of the game ... i guess he was trying to get sold to a company ,never the less he did . The board game is called dessert storm ...well i have an origial protype number 13 0f 50. it has the authenticity by the maker an everything .it has never been played so everything is perfect an all hand craved outa wood .Even the case is completely made of wood ,the only thing that wasnt hand made i presume are the dice .I purchased this game cause the maker needed some money to help launch the game .I paid quite abit for it 20 years ago by game board pricing and ive asked around (from london ontairo canada) on what something like this might go for now and ive had no luck !! Even looked on ebay too if one was there but no ... i guess considering its rareness it would be hard .. so this is why im asking for help on this one ! thank nikkok

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Game Valuations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you knew the designer's name or any other identifying marks [place of creation, etc], I imagine that would help a lot.

That said, board games "as art" / "as craft" don't hold the same kind of value that hand-crafted / hand-produced items of other folk arts often do.

Unless the game is of particular interest for some historico-ludological reason [inspired a later game, done by a well-known designer, etc], it's probably worth very little.

More than likely, despite the care and attention that seems to have gone into the prototype you have, it's probably of no more value than, say, a custom chess set carved by a parent for their kid as a personal gift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.