United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes You Are Wrong !
badge
Coolest Promo Ever ! Stonewall Lives
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I caught the microbadge collecting bug....

But I digress about my evolution as a BGGer.

I was living in Dallas when some friends told me to check out this gaming site. Well, OK. It was cool. Just lurking. Over time I started spending more and more time on the site. Hmmm... I'm starting to get stuck to this site more than ESPN. All my friends are here, too. This is terrific as I travel a lot, I have met a whole slew of people via BGG everywhere. I better start supporting BGG so it doesn't go away!

But I would NEVER sign up for those avatar things and badges. Who are those people???? One has to draw the line somewhere as even a Geek like me has their limit to well their geekiness.

What is all of this Geek Gold stuff? How did I get it and why is it in such weird amounts? Oh THAT is what those tipping symbols mean, duh. That comment was cool, GG tip required.

Wow, those avatars and microbagdes are starting to look way cool. Of course, you can't post without a cool looking avatar and microbadges, right? Uber badge, interesting....ah OK.

Geez, that collection side is starting to look bare, better enter in my game collection. And the no pix in my gallery needs to be fixed. Whew, I am burnt out as entering in this game stuff is way painful. Why couldn't they implement a radio button from a database instead?!?! OK, gotta stop for now. There is NO WAY I am entering in game ranks/plays.

BGG store has promos, well how awesome. Those T shirts look pretty cool as well. Better buy some (just to support the site NOT because I am a embracing my inner Geek). Wow, trading and the marketplace is cool to browse and shop.

Hmm..., I am starting to get tired of my microbadges. Like the messages some people have strung together from microbadges. Who are those people, awesome idea !!!! Better buy some more. Yeah, that overtexting is cool. Maybe I should get an animated avatar as well, no not yet.

So here I am with a gazillion micro badges (and wanting more for messaging through them). There needs to be a new microbadge about.... Yes, it is lunch time and I am going to eat a burger. I AM one of those people now!

But I still draw the line at game plays (would take too long) and rankings. Not because I am against rankings but because it would take too long to think about. And maybe some day and I'll get around to updating my game collection.....

I have come a long way on this journey and still have a long way to go. And yes, I am now embracing my inner Geek.

In the meantime, MICROBADGES ARE CRACK!!! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
mb
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Bail Organa wrote:
mb

//pondering "I free-base microbadges" microbadge.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I can quit microbadges anytime I want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, watch out on logging plays. One day I took the time to log all the past plays I could remember and now I can't stop. It's gotten to the point where I have to jump on BGG right after a game to make sure I don't forget it.

It IS fun to look back at all of my game sessions, but it's definitely more of a chore at times. Darn my OCD!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep a day planner to write down my plays, then log them periodically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
RhodesN7 wrote:
Darn my OCD!
And your bone-itis too! mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently trying to save up 800 geekgold to buy 100 microbadges during one day - the 100th which will be the "I bought 100 microbadges during one day" microbadge. Welcome to the club.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
I definitely recommend this one: mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.