Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Since there is a lot of debate about the play time of Mage Knight I thought it prudent to make a poll that deals with that.
What is the playtime for experienced players? (POLL)
  60 - 90 90 - 120 120 - 150 150 - 180 180 - 210 210 - 240 240 - 270 270 - 300 More than 300
1 Player
2 Players
3 Players
4 Players
      52 answers
Poll created by Floating World
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foomer McCloud
United States
Albany
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
My vote was for 2 players at 150 minutes on the intro. I had read the rules, lurked the forums, and did some research about a week prior to playing (still messed some stuff up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat G
United States
Pooler
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Solo full conq 60-90 min now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Which scenario?

I was thinking the average playtime or free for all scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

What do you mean with experienced players.
-Knows the rules without referencing (3-5)
- Played it sometimes (5-8 plays)
- Played it often(more than 9 plays)

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The poll is too vague to answer.

20 minutes per player per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The poll allows multiple selection for each player count, which is a little weird.

jdludlow wrote:

That feels about right to me too. Or maybe 15min if players are both experienced and generally quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say. 20-25 min sounds right for beginners. 10-15 min for experienced players. But only as an average. The first two turns should only take appr. 5 min. for an experienced played while the later turns will take significantly longer.

Actually multiple selections is a good thing. I think that a 2 player game with two very experienced players can last between 100 min (generally fast players, all cities coqnquered in round 5) up to 150 min(slower players, all 6 rounds played),

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tech7 wrote:

What do you mean with experienced players.
-Knows the rules without referencing (3-5)
- Played it sometimes (5-8 plays)
- Played it often(more than 9 plays)

?

Knows the rules without referencing (3-5)

jdludlow wrote:

Sorry about that, but if I included all the scenarios it would be too many polls and we would still have no idea how long the game takes. At least now we have an average estimate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Which scenario?

Jason is right. The game comes with a lot of scenarios, so it depends which one you are talking about. If you can amend the post to indicate which scenarion you mean, I can vote.

Quote:
Sorry about that, but if I included all the scenarios it would be too many polls and we would still have no idea how long the game takes. At least now we have an average estimate.

I'm not saying include ALL the scenarios, I am saying tell us which scenario you want the times for, as the times for different scenarios is very different.

Quote:

Which scenario is that???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nite Wolf
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too vague indeed. It might be better to do a poll that simply asks for time per round, depending on the amount of players. That way you can project those numbers depending on the length of the scenario you plan to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
Which scenario?

Jason is right. The game comes with a lot of scenarios, so it depends which one you are talking about. If you can amend the post to indicate which scenarion you mean, I can vote.

Quote:

I'm not saying include ALL the scenarios, I am saying tell us which scenario you want the times for, as the times for different scenarios is very different.

Quote:

Which scenario is that???

Full conquest Scenario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
The poll allows multiple selection for each player count, which is a little weird.

jdludlow wrote:

That feels about right to me too. Or maybe 15min if players are both experienced and generally quick.

15 minutes sounds right, but I would think that 4 experienced players could play a full conquest in under 6 hours...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:

This is exactly how long our 2 player co-op conquest took last night, 4 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Devourer of Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I added some time for my solo play vote to account for setup and tear down time. This is not as much of a concern for multiple players, since you kind of expect it. But, it does add about 15-20 minutes to setup and tear down the game solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abrocker wrote:
I added some time for my solo play vote to account for setup and tear down time. This is not as much of a concern for multiple players, since you kind of expect it. But, it does add about 15-20 minutes to setup and tear down the game solo.

Maybe you should consider a better storage solution? That seems kind of long for a setup. I never timed it but would believe that I dont need longer than 10 minutes. Even way shorter if we are seting up with 2 or 3 players.
Everything is stored seperatly and just needs to be taken out and randomized (which isnt that big of a deal).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Torala wrote:
Maybe you should consider a better storage solution? That seems kind of long for a setup.

I think for a poll asking about the game, it's best to only consider what actually comes with the game.

But I agree that 15-20 minutes seems a little long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.