Marco Küper
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
FNORD!
mbmbmbmbmb
There was one question during our last game, when one player entered a curve with two gears over the writing in it.

When does loosing control in a curve occur?
a) As soon as I enter the curve? And If it happens during a time attack, do I lose the remaining spaces (and the seconds of the remaining dice)?

b)Do I move all spaces, take all the earned seconds and lose control at the end of moving instantly?

Thanks for helping me out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
a) yes
b) no

In other words, you use up your rolled dice till you hit the corner, then you stop, and any extra dice are wasted, as you lose control.

I think cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Küper
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
FNORD!
mbmbmbmbmb
That´s the way we handled it, but we were not quite sure if we did right...

Because it happend during a time attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
You take all the time attack seconds when you roll, and use the dice up until you crash, then stop. You keep all the time attack seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
You take all the time attack seconds when you roll, and use the dice up until you crash, then stop. You keep all the time attack seconds.

Are you 100% sure of this?
I would say you only take the seconds for the dice you use.
Otherwise you could speculate in this in the last player turn.
Roll all dice but only use one to cross the finish line and still get 7 seconds???
I think not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
Slotracer wrote:
dougadamsau wrote:

Are you 100% sure of this?
I would say you only take the seconds for the dice you use.
Otherwise you could speculate in this in the last player turn.
Roll all dice but only use one to cross the finish line and still get 7 seconds???
I think not.

the current rules state:

the rules, art.5 wrote:
the rolled dice are used in the car movement, respecting the usual procedure of chaining gears until the obligatory use of the 3rd It is on the last space reached by the car that the loss of control will take place (ART.7). Even so, the driver receives as many seconds as the number of rolled dice to reward the risk-taking by the driver.

Note 1: It is forbidden to roll more dice than the
number of spaces necessary to reach the fi nish line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely sure of keeping all the seconds for the time attack. I don't think there is any situation where you don't. Is there?

The idea is that you get some sort of reward for taking the risk, regardless of the outome. The downside of when it fails is that 1:00 min penalty + starting in neutral.cry

Take the seconds - you'll need them to be able to catchup - and hope your opponent gets a flat tire taking a short cut!devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You always get all the second tokens for Time Attacking. Even if you rolled all seven dice and got seven caution symbols, you would still get seven time tokens for taking the risk with that many dice.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
Even if you rolled all seven dice and got seven caution symbols, you would still get seven time tokens for taking the risk with that many dice.

Cameron

That's a bad roll ...

Finally jumped back in the car last night, after a four month break, for the first three stages of Monte Carlo. Delighted to be 3 minutes faster than last year, despite a slower first stage. Has my driving improved? My wife says no...

On a Rallyman high this morning ... what a fabulous game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to the new season! I think I came in second by just a few points last year, but I had missed the first two races of the year.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.