Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
Greece
ATHENS
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello all i just got this amazing game and i have some questions after our first play.

1) Can a yellow false clue token be placed above a normal clue token? I assume no.

2) Can an officer execute an arrest in the same number immediately after another officer find a clue there?

3) If i reach my hideout and not declare that i m there, should i move the next round and then comeback again or i just write for example two times 100.

4)I know jack can not pass a policeman with a normal move but can he pass him with a coach?

5)Is move 55 to 86 a legal move with an alley? i assume no.

6) If i make a move as jack with a coach. For example 100-99 my final destination is 99 and a policeman ask for clues in 100 should i tell him that is with a coach or not? and if i have to share that information should i also mention the final destination?

only those for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. False Clue Tokens can be placed on any numbered circle (page 14). If you place a false clue on a space with a clue already there you just can't make an arrest there. You already know "Jack" has been there so not being able to ask if theres a clue there is redundant.

2)Yes. Good strategy!

3)Page 11 "The End of the Hunting" When Jack reaches his hideout, the Hunting-and with it, the night-ends. According to the written rules you cannot occupy your hideout space and not declare it. You are required to declare you're home safe and the night ends.

4)Yes. Page 12 "Special Movements" Coach: Jack can use a coach to move by two adjacent numbered circles on the board at once - a "double move." Moreover, with the coach, Jack can move through crossings containing policeman pawns.

5)No. Legal moves are to 68,37,39,56

6)All Jack need reveal is that a clue was found at 100. Nothing more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Greece
ATHENS
flag msg tools
mbmb
very very helpful thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Leininger
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
panzer6 wrote:
3)Page 11 "The End of the Hunting" When Jack reaches his hideout, the Hunting-and with it, the night-ends. According to the written rules you cannot occupy your hideout space and not declare it. You are required to declare you're home safe and the night ends

If fact, this is not correct, there is an errata in the FAQ about this :
Errata
• Page 10 (Jack the Ripper: Escape in the Night): If Jack moves onto his Hideout he may declare that his escape is successful. If he does, the current night’s Hunting ends.

So to answer :
kourtembeu wrote:
3) If i reach my hideout and not declare that i m there, should i move the next round and then comeback again or i just write for example two times 100.

That's right. You can be in your hideoud whithout decaring it, but on your next turn you MUST move. And remember that you cannot declare you are at home after a special movement.

For example you can use a special movement to pass over a police pawn and be at home, but you cannot declare it. On the next turn you MUST "leave" your hideout, and on the (second) next turn you can come back and then declare your are in your hideout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Greece
ATHENS
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ploc wrote:
panzer6 wrote:
3)Page 11 "The End of the Hunting" When Jack reaches his hideout, the Hunting-and with it, the night-ends. According to the written rules you cannot occupy your hideout space and not declare it. You are required to declare you're home safe and the night ends

If fact, this is not correct, there is an errata in the FAQ about this :
Errata
• Page 10 (Jack the Ripper: Escape in the Night): If Jack moves onto his Hideout he may declare that his escape is successful. If he does, the current night’s Hunting ends.

So to answer :
kourtembeu wrote:

That's right. You can be in your hideoud whithout decaring it, but on your next turn you MUST move. And remember that you cannot declare you are at home after a special movement.

For example you can use a special movement to pass over a police pawn and be at home, but you cannot declare it. On the next turn you MUST "leave" your hideout, and on the (second) next turn you can come back and then declare your are in your hideout.

Aha now its more clear. Although a little bit strange rule ha?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Leininger
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
I don't know if it's strange, but it would be too easy if you could declare you are in your hideout after a special move, and it would be too difficult if you couldn't be on the circle of your hideout after a special move.

It can also be a good option to bluff for Jack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that with an experienced Jack, that errata makes the possibility of hoodwinking the police even simpler. I would rather play with the original rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.