Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
35 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Plato 3000» Forums » News

Subject: OVER 2000 FREE COPIES!!!!! Cambridge Games Factory to publish PLATO 3000 / Utopian Rummy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Carter
United States
Groton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Because of various coordination issues, Glory To Rome Black Box won't be produced in China until after Chinese New Year, in mid-February - and that means that most backers won't see it until April.

Yes, we know. Yuck.

By way of apology and as a thank you to all Glory To Rome's loyal supporters, we are doing two things:

1) We've have upgraded the quality of the cards to the absolute highest quality the printer had available, increasing our production costs by 20%.

2) We're both accelerating our plans to print PLATO 3000 by Sheamus Parkes (formerly Utopian Rummy) and are giving away a free set with every Kickstarter / pre-order of Glory To Rome black box. That really is over 2000 free copies.

We're still finalizing the PLATO 3000 artwork contract - watch this space! - but Heiko (our Creative Director) is extremely excited about the guy he's got lined up to do it.

Obviously this game will be available no later than April, but we're investigating getting it onto an earlier shipment (with Pala, Quills and Montana) to allow a March release.

Thank you for your patience! There's a longer update HERE.

Cheers,

Ed Carter
Managing Director
Cambridge Games Factory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so excited about this. I love Utopian Rummy, and I'm really excited to play the game with professional quality cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Fantastic news for Sheamus. You go boy! I'm excited to see the artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
So for people whose kickstarter pledge was for multiple copies of Glory to Rome does that also mean multiple copies of Plato 3000?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Carter
United States
Groton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
alexgrant wrote:
So for people whose kickstarter pledge was for multiple copies of Glory to Rome does that also mean multiple copies of Plato 3000?

Yes, absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
cambridgegames wrote:
alexgrant wrote:

Yes, absolutely.

Thanks, that's very generous! I was just a bit confused by the language "Every Blackbox kickstarter backer / preorder" in the update email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cambridgegames wrote:
alexgrant wrote:

Yes, absolutely.

is the reprint for glory to rome IV also delayed until april?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update CGF team. Delays happen! Your generosity in this matter is a pleasant surprise.

Now to figure out what to do with 6 copies of PLATO 3000 !?!?!

So...'premium cardstock' has got me thinking "comparisons." How would you compare it to, say, the Haggis cardstock? Just curious.

All the best,
Jonathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheamus Parkes
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looleypalooley wrote:
Now to figure out what to do with 6 copies of PLATO 3000 !?!?!

Only 6? I get 50 copies of the game to give away.

Anyway, a big thanks to the CGF folks. Jeremiah's been a big supporter for a long time (and his wife of course; and mine!). Robert has had a huge beneficial impact transforming Utopian Rummy into the polished Plato 3000. I'm also excited as anyone else to see Heiko's visions come to life. And thanks to Ed for making it all happen.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the free game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed,

I'll be moving at end of February. What is the best way to update my shipping information with the new address? Asking publically as I imagine others might have a similar problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Emery
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
Ed - customer service is sorely lacking in business these days, so kudos for taking responsibility and then going the extra step to make things right. I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any address updates should be sent to me (jeremiah.lee @ cambridgegames.com)

Please use "GtR Address Change" as the subject line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jeremiah, I just sent you email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the long version, you mention the rubble expansions were already printed, were those for the black box or the original edition?

I only ask since you are using a better card stock for the game and wondered if that would make the cards feel different.

I can only imagine how hard it is to juggle two jobs that demand a lot of precision, thanks for making the delay more bearable as I go to check out my free game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
If I concede to liking Utopian Rummy a lot more than GtR, can I just get a free copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a very generous gesture!
You made a human mistake, and however annoying such a delay is, this upgrade is more than you really needed to do.

I have read some very negative posts in another thread, but I would like to say I am happy you are giving us the full story and not a quick "miscommunication with the printer" excuse.
Thank you for being honest.
I am looking forward to getting GtR later this year. The improved cardstock is worth the wait, in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a neat game, and 2000 free copies will be great way to get it some more publicity and ratings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drat! My planned Utopian Rummy redesign is pointless now. That's what I get for putting it off for so long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dany Majard
France
arcis le ponsart
Marne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel sorry for you Ed, all that trouble must have given you a hard time falling asleep. Though I am feverishly waiting for the game to come (I gave I.V. away to my brother this summer) to be able to play it again, I sympathize with you.
One again, thank you for making a new version for us and I hope that the good publicity I and others will give to the game will be beneficial in the end.
Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all so much more than I expected! Hooray!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen a few Kickstarter game developers talk about what an experience it is getting something made overseas, so I understand the trials and tribulations.

I think we all are happy you don't treat us like Paul Christoforo treats his customers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cambridgegames wrote:
giving away a free set with every Kickstarter / pre-order of Glory To Rome black box.

So that includes those of us that have pre-ordered from retailers? I'll now have both games delivered from CoolStuffInc if that is where I pre-ordered from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlikely Nu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
Unlikely Nu

Shouldn't be. That pre-order money is going straight to Cambridge, and CSI already confirmed that we're getting the same promo cards promised on the Cambridge website for all other pre-orders, and we're going to be waiting for many months past when we invested our money with a promised ship date like everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah thats copies of black box with the promos. I could be wrong but it's not that cool stuff backed the project On your behalf. If anything g they might get so e copies that they would then possibly sell. Or they didn't back the project but ordered through their normal channels meaning they won't even get it.

Again I don't know exactly but my guess would be "unlikely"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.