California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was planning to pick up the Z-Man version eventually but now see pictures of a whole new version. So did Z-Man lose the rights or this is Europe version only? Looks like they redid the graphic design and illustrations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Wen
United States
Lake Forest
Click to Select (if applicable)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn I just bought it. Do you have pictures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
dustinthewind wrote:
Darn I just bought it. Do you have pictures?

You can see them in the gallery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
ScottE wrote:
I was planning to pick up the Z-Man version eventually but now see pictures of a whole new version. So did Z-Man lose the rights or this is Europe version only? Looks like they redid the graphic design and illustrations.

This is a German-only edition from Schmidt Spiele and is independent of the Z-Man Games release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
The ZMan edition is nice except for the front cover art. Everything else about it is well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
my opinion is that the z-man version could have stood to have some better graphic design but I have seen worse (really, the main game board) and the game is perfectly functional. It is language dependent, both for the spell book and the card functions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Gimmler
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The illustration is totaly different. You can see some illustration:

http://www.schmidtspiele.de/index.php?id=416&play=81
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In the One Draw and Z-Man versions, the game ends as soon as one player has collected either ten character cards or ten treasure cards; in the Schmidt Spiele version, the game ends after a fixed number of rounds. All players then tally their points, and the player with the highest score wins.

Differences between the versions:

* As noted above, the game ending conditions differ in the 2012 Schmidt Spiele version.
* The Z-Man Games and Schmidt Spiele versions of Grimoire accommodate five players, while the original One Draw release allows only 2-4 players.
* The Schmidt Spiele version contains four new character cards and two new treasure cards, includes hardcover books instead of softcover, changes two spells, and uses a more elaborate game board that depicts the spells and allows players to mark the spells chosen with small figures to track who has played what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Christopher
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seriously hoping Schmidt Spiele will eventually release an English version of their publication of this game. The little books are hard-cover!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what the new cards and rule changes do to play? I had two games tonight of the second edition and had a really good time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.