Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you immediately get all the resources listed for incorporation AND can store matching resources on that location at a future time (if you have used the initially placed resources gained from incorporating the card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
You get the resources immediately.
You CAN NOT store the resources if you used up the ones coming with the colony.
Have a close look at the Thieves Den - that's exactly how "storage" is marked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that card is radioactive. One the counters are used it stays where it is and you can't get rid of it.

Most of the times I destroy that card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hand symbol means "receive immediately after placement" but the clock symbol means that the resources remain there from turn to turn. I have always played(and makes thematically sense) that you can take the resources even one by one from turn to turn until the colony is empty, and after that it's totally useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, you are right, that's the way we played it too. But without the clock it is wrong... radioactive colony just became an even bigger target for destruction (and that's also not bad, cause it gives lots of wild materials).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
as others have said, its immediately placed and can remain on the card turn after turn until they are used. If it could store other resources on it, there would be the boxes for storage banks on it. If it was a card with storage, you can add resources/workers you generate to it each round you have extras or just want to allot them up to the amount of each depicted on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was about to complain that the icons for storage should be distinctive but if the resources on a card with the clock symbol are actually in boxes when the location is meant as a storage site, I guess they are. I just hadn't noticed when first looking through the cards.

I'm still a little disappointed in some of the icons and find them actually less intuitive than 51st State in quite a few cases, but I'm hoping this turns around after a few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
I was about to complain that the icons for storage should be distinctive but if the resources on a card with the clock symbol are actually in boxes when the location is meant as a storage site, I guess they are. I just hadn't noticed when first looking through the cards.

I'm still a little disappointed in some of the icons and find them actually less intuitive than 51st State in quite a few cases, but I'm hoping this turns around after a few games.

Don't worry, you'll basically remember all the cards after few plays. The only problem is that this game is a pain to teach to others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've introduced 51st State to about 6 people...and with the exception of one lukewarm reception everyone has enjoyed it. I'm just hoping that the changes in New Era don't put them off. Honestly, I only see about 3 major changes (dropped leaders, conquest of/negotiation with other player's locations and reconstruction), so hopefully they'll be okay with them. I do wish the icons hadn't been changed in many places where I felt they were just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:

I quoted this but, in general, I wanted to agree that the biggest hurdle is teaching this...though I think that The New Era is leaps and bounds easier to do so with colored tokens and meeples and NOW less tokens ( remember all those black tokens for everything with different symbols on them...euuu.)

Back to the quote above - those beveled boxes were on the cards that had permanent storage abilities in 51st state too. That is really the only way to know that its not a one-off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks for the confirmation Tom!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.