Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the cards. Like the game play for 2 players-a little long and takes a lot of room. Muliplayer falls apart.

I normally play with 3-5 players and wanted to find a way to incorporate Conan CCG with faster play .

After looking at my cards over and over again, I finally had a tho.ught.

For BGG members to compare it is similar to a hybrid Cutthroat Caverns and 7 wonders.

No one plays the Foes...these are drawn and placed in a central play area. Each Conan player gets a set number of cards (10 cards randomly drawn, but always getting a 6 prowess and a 1 prowess block) each plays a move or action face down. Initiate of card is compared to prowess of foe to see who strikes first.

Symbols now have a numeric value Magic: 1d6, Axe:3, Sword and Bow:2, Fist:1, Feet:1 or Blocks 1, Shield: Blocks 1.

Conans place marker on chosen foe. play card. take wounds, kill foes, and the player that played the highest prowess card goes last next turn in selecting a foe and takes the Thoth Amon Card. Ties are decided by higher initiative card, then total amount of combat damage points on card.

Without going into to much detail...scoring is based upon renown of foes killed and the total value of prowess left in your hand (total of all prowess on cards) minus number of wounds taken and a deduction for the player that ends up with the Thoth Amon Card.

Plays very well...very tense. I created some cards that affect players on either side in various ways. Play last 4 rounds, takes about 40 minutes. Strategy varies between do I play my high cards or keep them for scoring. Do I take on a major foe and block the damage so no one else has a chance to get the points, etc...very fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds like an interesting twist. Can you give us a detailed description of a single player's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. let's say it's a 4 player game.

There would be 4 foes face up.

PHASE 1:
You are player 1.

As player 1 you could choose any of the 4 foes. Place your Conan token in front of the chosen foe you which to combat.

Each other player in turn order places their Conan tokens.

PHASE 2: all players select a move or action card to play against its foe and place it face down in front of the foe.

PHASE 3: all moves or actions are revealed simoultaneously. Actions are resolved first, then moves. Determine for each player, if the foe or Conan has initiative (Conan wins ties). If Conan has initiative, he deals his damage (add all Icons for damage), if it's enough do kill the foe (equal or greater its health), the foe doesn't strike back. If the foe has the iniative (its prowess is greater than the iniative on Conan's move or action), it strikes first and deals its listed damaged to Conan (take damage tokens...I use red chips or beads).

* Only 1 round of combat, if you didn't kill the foe it is discarded. if you did kill the foe, its card is placed in your tableau.

Phase 4: after all Conan's and foes combats are resolved, determine who used the highest cost card (move or action). That player takes an 'enchanced repuation' token (self made) and the "Thoth Amon" token which means he will go last in selecting foes on the next round. The player that played the lowest cost card takes a 'diminished reputation' token (self made) and will become the first player next round.

I use card sleeves with solid backs and created about a dozen special action cards that affects play. Example: card "Enemy Reinforced - select another player that is facing a minor foe, draw until the next minor foe in the deck and add this to this rounds combat. Conan may only attack one of the foes and receive damge from the other."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.