4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Any co-op game like Arkham Horror. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krasikov Grigoriy
Russia
flag msg tools
We (i and some of my friend) are new in board game stuff. We play in Arkham horror, WoW(Some simple version and "Oh GOD this is too EPIC for us"(sorry WoW we have only a russian version and i don't know the name on english)). We really like AH, and anyone can recommend me some other co-op game or group vs group game.I thinking about Super Dungeon Explore is this good choice? Sorry my English is bad T_T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about Super Dungeon Explore, but you might want to look at Ghost Stories and Yggdrasil. When I don't have time for AH, Ghost Stories is the game we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ramey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like the theme of Arkham Horror, then you will love Elder Sign. It's basically Arkham Horror in under 2 hours with dice, and it's a blast. Easily one of my favorite games of 2011, and that isn't just because I love H. P. Lovecraft so much.

Pandemic is a game that many people love for its challenging-yet-simple gameplay. While not a horror theme, it's a great co-op that will open doors for you and your friends to explore.

Leaving the strictly co-op genre, there are several one-versus-many games that you might enjoy. In this style of game, one player plays the bad guys, while the others play a group of adventurers or investigators. My personal favorite is Mansions of Madness, but Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game and Descent: Journeys in the Dark are great ones, too!

Good luck, hopefully you find something great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Defenders of the Realm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.