5 Posts

Tannhäuser» Forums » General

Subject: Which scenario is your favorite? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
First of all, thx to Miah for doing what you do. Can't get enough of your blog!

I hate it when the goal is to simply kill each other meaninglessly. In other words, I love scenarios! Unfortunatly for me, I only own the core game and strangely, there is no scenario included that I can play right now. I am a huge fan of earth reborn's scenarios and I can't wait to see what tannhauser story is like when you actually play it.

But anyways, I was curious, what are your favorites scenarios? like a top 3 if you want and why? Thx all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you love my blog I'll assume you've seen all these:

http://miah000.blogspot.com/search/label/Scenarios

But my favorite official sceanrios, have to be the ones in the Daedalus Campaign centering on capturing Asteros.

I haven't played through OP: Hinansho yet, but the scenarios only seem to get better with each expansion. So, their bound to be good.

My favorite scenario of my own creation is Operation: Book Ends (Revised Rules Edition) Link below.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzVAJpIQG8bNYTFmOGYyZGItZjg...

Nearly all the secenarios on my blog can be played with just the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i really need to keep a game journal, so i'd remember how i liked each scenario ive played in detail

my favorite ones are where skills are important (completing objectives, doors, etc), there's a capture the [object] aspect or area control (like domination mode) and where combat remains but as an indirect strategy to win. When a scenario has all these, there seems to be more balance between the factions

so my favorite right now is kind of a custom one: any 2 sides on labyrinth map, each side has dedicated secondary & primary objectives to complete (completing 1 prim actually prohibits other side from completing 1 of their primaries), the revenants (as they appear in the daedalus campaign), with Asteros in the center that's on last row of health, and must be defeated and carried off board (by 2 characters - he weighs a ton!).

It's intended to be first game of a 3-scenario campaign, using my own campaign rules since i dont like how there's no character development in FFGs campaigns. no "winner" for 1st 2 scenarios - but advantages can be gained to give you an edge for later games until it culminates to the final game. Such as if you capture Asteros off the board, you may field him later.

Taking the idea of how Earth Reborn handles introduction to rules, i made some Tutorial Scenarios for new players to learn basics without being overwhelmed by all the seemingly infinite configuration options right off the bat. It's helped a lot to get ppl interested in it, and by the end of the 3 training scenarios, the new player would have a really good feel for a particular faction, under almost any scenario that would arise. Much more so than playing 3 Deathmatch/Capture the Flag/Domination/Objective mode games i think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evolution isn't over
United Kingdom
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to echo the thanks for your blog, Miah.

I picked up the revised edition base set this week at a very competitive price (full story in the comments in my collection ) and - to keep this on topic - being a fan of scenarios and campaigns, am looking forward to playing through some of those that you have kindly shared.

I also enjoyed reading your observations regarding the expansions on your own collection page - and was delighted to discover that the French winter pack expansions were republished in the Hoss and Hoax editions, both of which I just picked up in eBay auctions earlier today.

I read through your introductory posts whilst waiting for the core game to arrive, too - really helpful, and congratulations on your first official FFG post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
Great! I'll definitely start playing those ASAP.Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.