Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, fellow geeks.

Now, Old German has nothing to do with linguistics (like High Old German, etc.). By it I mean a rather old (see below) game, probably made in Germany or Austria.

So, I bought a game from one guy from Russia, who, I believe, mostly purchased from Germany. Inside the game was a small protector-like packet with another game. I guess, it's more of a booster than the actual game. And, judging by the contents, it's some kind of a dungeon crawl.

The packet consists of four 6.5 x 8.9 cards made of hard paper with color printing. One is a card of a character (an orc in my case), the other three are of a dungeon map. There are also 10 counters (1.5 x 1.5 cm) with various monsters and objects and a 15 mm metal miniature of an orc. The character card, among other things, says "Dungeon Mini" at the top and "Masters of Light" at the bottom. Everything else is in German (Figurenkarte, Angriff, Verteidigung, Immun gegen Magie, Minus 3 Aktion durch Maske). The price sticker says 3.50 DM. Since it's in German, I thought it meant Deutsche Mark. If I remember correctly, the Mark was changed to Euro over 10 years ago, thus I called the game old.

My search revealed nothing, so I hope someone here could help me. I can send the images to your address, if you give it to me.

Sincerely,
Yegor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, then "Masters of Light" was a rpg store in Hamburg, Germany - maybe it was also a publisher of small games?

Could you send me the pictures, please? I'm curious. I'm PM you my email address.
You could upload them here in your personal gallery, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Turkiewicz
Germany
Losheim am See
Saarland
flag msg tools
badge
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some pictures might help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here be images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks friggin' fantastic! shake thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregorio Morales
Spain
Alicante
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YeGor wrote:

Now, Old German has nothing to do with linguistics (like High Old German, etc.). By it I mean a rather old (see below) game, probably made in Germany or Austria.

That's the problem of our parentheses-free language hierarchy

it's the difference between ((old german) game) and ((old) (german) game), hehehe.

On a more related note: no idea of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten S
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gmoralesor wrote:
YeGor wrote:

That's the problem of our parentheses-free language hierarchy

it's the difference between ((old german) game) and ((old) (german) game), hehehe.

On a more related note: no idea of the game

In German we would be able to differentiate. It would be "ein Altdeutsches Spiel" vs "ein altes, deutsches Spiel".

On topic: No idea about the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guest Starring...
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mjoellnir wrote:
gmoralesor wrote:
YeGor wrote:

That's the problem of our parentheses-free language hierarchy :P

On a more related note: no idea of the game ;)

In German we would be able to differentiate. It would be "ein Altdeutsches Spiel" vs "ein altes, deutsches Spiel".

On topic: No idea about the game

You can diferentiate in English, too. Just lose the capital.

Anyway, I'm also stumped. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Richter
Germany
Siegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity I tried my mighty Google-Fu ninja and found the following:

As mentioned "Masters of Light" was a gamestore in Hamburg, it´s closed for many years (last information I found was that they have attended the Essen fair in 99). But one of the former owners of this store has opened a location which offers LARP for children. He is called Raimond and can be contacted through their website. http://www.5d-games.de/ Perhaps he can help you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all those who helped (you've been tipped). Here's some more info on the game from the publishers:

"The name of the game is Mini Dungeon, it was developed in 1998 by Raimond Warlich. It was a tile-based game and designed as portable version of Masters of Light, a game within a 3d dungeon model. Mini Dungeon was played by 1 to 6 players and was very popular by students, playing it in school breaks.

Mini Dungeon isn't available for sale any more. But we are considering to reprint some of the older games of Mr. Warlich in future".

Let's hope they do. This looks like a nice game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thatsmile thatsmile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So there are still questions to answer? You got the rules? Need translation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please be sure to make an entry in the geek's database along with everything you know + the pictures above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatsmile wrote:
So there are still questions to answer? You got the rules? Need translation?

Yep. Nope. Not yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
Please be sure to make an entry in the geek's database along with everything you know + the pictures above

As soon as I get more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.