Popular Tags: [View All]
Stian Kristiansen
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently ordered Railways of the world: the card game, and I'm thinking about going for the expansion as well. I was wondering if anyone had tried playing it with 6 players? There will be more downtime, and it will be fewer cards/cubes per player, but is it still playable?

The reason I'm asking is that I often have had 6 players ready for a reasonably simple game lately. I have several other games that fit the bill (citadels, Condottiere etc), but 7 wonders is really the only one we all enjoy, and even though it's a great game there is a limit for how many times you may play a game in a row.

Most people I play with have played and enjoyed some variant of ticket to ride, this game seemed like a winner. So if any of you have tried it with 6 (maybe even the designers during playtesting?) please tell me about the experience.

While we're at it, how does playing with 3-4 players with the base game compare to playing with 5 with the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played with 2 and 4, but I don't think there is that much analysis paralysis with this game, so it would probably work. You would have to have 6 different color train markers though, so keep that in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stian Kristiansen
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I would have to order more trains as well. It seems reasonable that AP is not really that big of problem here, and when playing with 6 some downtime has to be tolerated anyway.

The lack of cards seems to be the biggest potential issue. There seems to be 16,25 cards per player in the base game (4 players), and the expansion adds 20, so it's "only" 12 cards missing I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Eastham
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The system will support more players. In fact, the system will also support adding multiple sets together for a massive game (better play on the floor!).

Let us know how it goes.

-James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stian Kristiansen
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found out that Eaglegames.net sold the expansion with trains included, so I just ordered two expansions. Then I would have enough cards and enough trains for a 6 player game. I'm looking forward to trying it out as soon as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.