Joah Manderson

Oregon
msg tools
So Originally I came up with this in Sicily while visiting my grandmother. My big insperations ; Minecraft, D&D, and LAD ( an old 8 bit dungeon crawler )

So I think for ease I'll provide this link : www.minecraftforum.net/topic/889950-project-kingdomcraft-d/
At this link you will find the rules, and artwork. I'll put together a PDF of the rules and upload images so I can formally release it here. But for now I think the link should be sufficient.

All feed back will be heard with a grain of salt, so don't hold back if you really think this is a ditch idea. After putting a good 40 or so hours into developing the mechanics and rules I would hope there's something worth while here. lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it impossible to work out the rules from what was posted at the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Heya there Vikerus!

From reading your thread in the minecraft forums - this is probably your first post here, in which case - Hello and welcome!

James had somewhat of a point as boardgame manuals / rules are traditionaly very simple to read (as they well should be) and yorus are a little less simple.

BUT that aside, I really like the mix of exploration fantasy RPG along with minecraft that you combined here - very cool mix.

1. It is more of a pen and paper RPG than a boardgame (check out RPG geek, they might well be into it and even playtest some for you?)

2. If you wanted it to be a boardgame - use cards and cut a loaf of options out

3. There are SOOO many coin flips. In order for me to move 3 squares to the left, find a medium strength monster, fight him and take his stuff - I need to flip
...hold on....
10 seperate coin flips. Nearly half of which are to do with moving tothe square.

If you want this game to take off or at least be fun and perhaps have a following (mostly you nad your friends for now at least) you need to make it MUCH easier to do things in your world.

I would also say that other than your character creation stats and what you buy in items, the entire game is handled randomly. It would probably be really helpful for you to think about how you would limit the randomness and add more player choices into it. I would start by removing the flip to move rules!

You would probably do really well in hanging out in the RPG geek bit of the site and speaking to them about your idea, as well as (perhaps even more importantly) you listening to what they have to say about RPG games and perhaps getting involved in some RPG of your own outside of your Mine-Geons and Dragons game

Best of luck mate, hope i've helped,

sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joah Manderson

Oregon
msg tools
Thanks a bunch, see I was wondering about if this even was a boardgame by traditional standards.

Also as far as the flips go... Yeah there are a LOT lol. I got to the point where i could memorize and add up the movements and attacks with out stoping the flips, making it much faster. But you are right, when you first start its a dreadfully long process to move around and battle.

My first idea was to eliminate the flip that decides the direction of movement. More can be eliminated but *what is still the question.

As far as randomness of game, its meant to be like that. I wanted it to be like as if you had pulled Oblivion or something out of your pocket and could get right into the adventure where you had left off. Not sure if that makes sense?

More feed back like yours would be great! Thank you very much for the feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.