Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I wanted to update my Quick Reference guide (that is in the files section) with a few minor changes I think are necessary, I asked Sampo if he would clarify Diplomatic Relations for me as it was an area I wasn't confident of.
It turns out that I had misinterpreted the rules slightly !

This is my corrected text (which I fully accept will be obvious to some).

You can agree to exchange Ambassadors if:
- your hex has a full wormhole connection to an opponent's hex (whether just created or has been in place for a while)
- Neither player has the Traitor card or is attacking the other in any hex
This can take place:
- at any point during your turn no matter which action you have selected.
- at the end of the Combat phase

I have submitted a revised quick reference sheet which highlights the above and includes a few other minor text changes and will hopefully be approved soon.

Hope this is useful

Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
Wargame? Eurogame? Ameritrash? Asia!! Check out Asian board game reviews at CardboardEast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Posco wrote:

This doesn't sound right with what he said earlier. I thought he said that it must be done during your turn and therefore cannot be done after combat (combat happens after everyone's turn); however, it can be done during your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Pop
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I also knew that the connection can be formed after combat, but diplomacy only on a player's turn. But .. just found this:

aautio wrote:
Dulkal wrote:
lexen wrote:
Just wait after combat and then become allies. You can always do it at the end of the combat round.

That depends. A strict reading of the rules would suggest otherwise (see this thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/747305/exchange-ambassadors-... ), but the intention of the rules appears to be unclear.

The intention is that you may form them at any time a first connection is created, or at a later time during either player's turn as long as a connection exists (and there is no pending combat and neither holds the Traitor card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Chuckle
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilpanda wrote:
Posco wrote:

This doesn't sound right with what he said earlier. I thought he said that it must be done during your turn and therefore cannot be done after combat (combat happens after everyone's turn); however, it can be done during your next turn.

We talked about that situation in another thread. I think the thread decided that you could make a diplomacy after combat. Assuming they meet the requirements for diplomacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.