Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Thurman
Australia
Lakes Entrance
Victoria
flag msg tools
Hi I'm Looking for a cool dueling card game for 2 - 4 players,
where you can battle creatures,robots,whatever.

I'm actually looking for non-collectible and something without Spells, Wizards, or Demons.

Their not my kind of fantasy, I do love steampunk and historical themes although I doubt I'd find anything like that, I also love themes like

ben10 and super Mario, Sonic the hedgehog, Crash Bandicoot, Pokemon, etc.

I love Sci-Fi too as long as it is not gory.

Things I would love to do in the game but is not required
- trade cards
- use fake currency

I also looking for something someone as young as 14 can play.

Thanks for all your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard good things about Yomi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
I need more TIME
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's difficult to have a "duel" mechanism with more than 2 players, but Fairy Tale might work for you. But for 2 players can I suggest Hera and Zeus?

Personally I like Warlock, but although it handles 2-4 players it does use spells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ames
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WARS is a CCG but it's been dead for years and can be found online very cheap. Hill's Wholesale Gaming has special consisting of one of each starter and a booster box of each expansion for $20 (http://www.wholesalegaming.biz/wars/wars2box6deckLot/).

You could build a bunch of balanced decks to play against one another or you could build a drafting cube and play from that. It would fit most of your criteria, minus the fact that it was collectible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinizia's En Garde (pasted on historical theme) and Clash of the Lightsabers (pasted on Star Wars theme) come to mind immediately. Both are for only 2 players though.

Both are card games that use hand manipulation as a mechanic.

I've played both but Lightsabers seemed to be the most fun for me.

Oh, did I mention that both games come with metal miniatures of the combatants? (Well, I guess I have now!)

There is also the old Yaquinto Swashbuckler game too. More of a boardgame but can play up to four. Good luck on finding it though it's been OOP for decades (sigh).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ryan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested in playtesting??? I'm looking for playtesters:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/745107/battle-pit-deck-build...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like historical settings you might want to look into 7 Wonders. It's a card game for 2-7 players where you try to build an empire.

It has card trading, fake currency, and a historical setting. You won't get to battle monsters/robots but there is a military side to the game and you are competing against the other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.