Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, I've noticed that the Memory and some other units (can't remember which right now) have one or more Gold Stars in a circle.

On the back of the rulebook with the icon quick-reference, all it says is "Orders." I then went back into the rulebook... ok, Silver Star means grants an automatic order. What about Gold Stars?

Nowhere to be found... can anyone explain what these are supposed to be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mb
Bah, nvmd... found it in the Icon Quick reference in the files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mb
Triple post up in here!

Hopefully someone can help me understand these questions...

1. Most units have a + modifier to certain types of armor as indicated in the icons. What if the "vs. armor modifier box" contains an "X"? Does this mean that the unit cannot fire upon that certain type of armor?

2. What is the advantage of taking a Scroller over a Jumper? When the scroller transforms, I'm assuming it acts like the jumper, without the ability to fly. I don't have the units in front of me, perhaps its the cost difference... anyone know for sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hall
Australia
Alice Springs
Northern Territory
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Yep, you've got that right. It's the medic units and a couple of the support units: the scroller and the heavy blaster. Those two need to transform before they can attack, the others can't attack at all.

2. He does look a bit useless compared to the jumper. The only advantage I can see him having is +1 against body armour --which could be significant as the legion all have good armour-- or diversifying your own defense. Scrollers have heavy armour instead of body, so might survive an attack a jumper gets killed on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.