Popular Tags: [View All]
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know that funny fart type sound when you close most board game tops? When I went to close my Fortune and Glory the other day, the fart sound happened at the same time that one corner of the box lid tore the entire length from the bottom of the lid to the cover (did that make sense?). Is there anything I can do about this? In other words, is there any way in the world to obtain a new cover? I realize that's asking a lot, so a better question may be: is there any way to repair this other than strips of scotch/clear tape like we used to do to our old board games when we were 7 years old?

Maybe I should post this under General as this really isn't Fortune and Glory specific, but I'm always really careful about my boxes whether it be about closing them or storing them and it irks me that it tore so completely, quickly, and easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for reminding me of some really unfortunate personal injuries. Maybe if you'd used a different word than "wrecked" it wouldn't have brought them up in such a vivid fashion...
gulp

Kidding aside, there are some great threads on BGG on how to use glue and a cardboard "bracket" pasted to the inside of the box to fortify the corners of your boxes. If I can find them I'll post them.

Edit: Hey, there it is. Thanks, Wadanels!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:

Kidding aside, there are some great threads on BGG on how to use glue and a cardboard "bracket" pasted to the inside of the box to fortify the corners of your boxes. If I can find them I'll post them.

The Surgery: Board Game Repair Tips

Great list of articles about board game repair. The first item on the list should help with your box cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender Wiggin wrote:
When I went to close my Fortune and Glory the other day, the fart sound happened at the same time that one corner of the box lid tore the entire length from the bottom of the lid to the cover (did that make sense?).

Yes, it does make sense - the exact same thing happened to me the day I opened it, and I'm very careful with game boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Ender Wiggin wrote:
When I went to close my Fortune and Glory the other day, the fart sound happened at the same time that one corner of the box lid tore the entire length from the bottom of the lid to the cover (did that make sense?).

Yes, it does make sense - the exact same thing happened to me the day I opened it, and I'm very careful with game boxes.

I'm glad I'm not alone. For as large of a box as it is and for as many contents as it holds, the lid feels sort of flimsy. Damned box farts!

If there is no other recourse, I will definitely look into repairing the corner per the link wadenels posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too experienced the FANG box fart injury, except my lid ripped across the top corner along the short side. The tear was about 5-6 inches long. I simply applied elmers glue along the inside of the tear, and applied pressure until it dried. It has not torn since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! All these injured boxes. I'm going to make sure and be really careful from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just careful place the lid on top and let it find its own way down. No way am I goona risk box fart related injuries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
I just careful place the lid on top and let it find its own way down. No way am I goona risk box fart related injuries.

This made me laugh so much as it happened to me last week too!

'Fart' 'rip' 'bugger!'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salty Skwib
United States
San Miguel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Should I eat the Cuttlefish and Asparagus or the Vanilla Paste?
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixing this is pretty easy. Buy a second copy, switch the lid from the second copy to the first, then throw away the rest of the second copy. Voila! New box lid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.