Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still new to BGG, and have a few more questions that I am sure you guys out there can answer for me!! What are Geekquestions/Geekbuddies?? I am slowly trying to figure the ins and outs of this site, and these have me stumped! Thanks for all the help so far with all my other questions. This site is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekbuddies are explained pretty well from the links on the geeklist I posted in your other thread: New Users want to know Who? What? Where? When? and Why? but mostly How?

Check in item 6.

I'll leave geekquestions to someone else, those aren't really my thing...

edit: fixed link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
re: GeekQuestions - BGG users pose questions for others to answer. I see the occasional "on-topic" question about gaming, but they're usually goofy or off-topic questions.

If you go to http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekquestions (which is also accessible from the "GeekQuestions" entry under the "Misc" menu entry under the search bar), it will ask you a random question. If you enter an answer, it will give you another random question. I find it a pretty entertaining way to kill a few minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekBuddies are basically a way to keep track of your buddies, among the hundreds of thousands of people on the site. I presume you know how to get to the menu, My Geek / GeekBuddies. You can use the avatar pulldown () to add a buddy any time you see their avatar block.

What can you do with buddies?
View Activity: See what each have been posting lately.
Manage Groups: Group them--some might be interesting writers, some might like games you like...
Edit: Add and delete buddies, change groups
Recent: See the most recent posts by all your buddies.
Analyze: Get your buddies' comments on a single game.
Ratings: Get your buddies' ratings on their favorite games

Feel free to play around with the system. You can't cause any harm.

GeekQuestions are questions posed by anyone and answered by anyone. The feature has changed over time. It used to be kind of, "Let's see how silly a question we can ask," and answers were anonymous. Now, answers are attributed to you, but a lot of the silly questions remain. It's supposed (I think) to be a way to get to know other users. If you go into a user's profile (by clicking their user name) and click on GeekStuff, you'll find GeekQuestions at the bottom of the right side.

As before, play around; but I don't think you can unask or unanswer a question, so keep foot out of mouth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Geekbuddies are explained pretty well from the links on the geeklist I posted in your other thread: New Users want to know Who? What? Where? When? and Why? but mostly How?

Check in item 6.

I'll leave geekquestions to someone else, those aren't really my thing...

edit: fixed link

Thanks again. I skimmed through that link the first time, but I gave it a much more detailed look the second time! There is a lot more information in there than I will be able to absorb in one sitting!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
brdk18 wrote:

Thanks again. I skimmed through that link the first time, but I gave it a much more detailed look the second time! There is a lot more information in there than I will be able to absorb in one sitting!!!

We find 19 sittings will just about do it. There is a once a year test - Failure results in the internet being exploded.

Walk with ponies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.